A sad day of leaving my unseen friends

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It is a sad day that I leave this forum and all of the great people who taught me the Android world. I came from a stormy relationship with my Blackberry Storm 18 months ago. When Verizon made my phone unreadable on my PC, I had to learn the world of rooting and ROMS. I cannot begin to remember all those who have helped me find my path, but it amazed me how smart and helpful most of you are.

Now it's time to find new friends in the Galaxy Nexus forum (and likely old friends). I purchased it last night and will be rooting it shortly. After all, why waste time?

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Good luck with your Nexus! I'm currently debating between getting that or the HTC Rezound. I've seen good things about the HTC phones, but I love the brightness of the Samsung screens, like on my Fascinate...

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I, like you, loved the fascinate screen and the Nexus is the same, just bigger. I used wuz (or something like that) to unlock the bootloader and root last night. The guy who designed that program is a genius. It is truly rooting for dummies. I wish he was developing for the fascinate. The other cool thing about the Nexus is the shear number of ROMS. I even installed Googles newest radio that Verizon has been holding on to for about 6 months now. If you are into rooting and ROMS, take a look at what is offered for the Nexus.

Good Luck

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Good luck! My sister has a Nexus, she loves it. She comments on the small screen size of my Fascinate all the time. Haha but I'm waiting for the GS3. I love me some Samsung phones.

Bellztoll

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Alas,
I am jumping ship as well. I got the fascinate release day, and loved up up until the last update, to which all h**l broke loose. Random restarts, crap GPS, and the whole gambit.
And since Verizon is talking about stopping grandfathering unlimited data on old plans, I decided that i needed to get on the 4G wagon while I can still do it unlimited.
So with that being said, I have upgraded to the Droid Maxx (got a heck of a deal on a pair)
I thank all the guys here for the many posts that i have had to use to rebuild the OS a few times and many other issues.
I will still be around but on the Maxx forum. We shall see what that brings me.
Thanks again all!

ibikeiruniswim

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm out too, just ordered my Galaxy S III today. Peace and enjoy your new phones. My Fascinate will likely not be retired but will continue to be a wifi Google Play, Pandora, Sirius radio in my garage.

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy S3 ordered here as well. My Fascinate was my first Android phone, came from the Storm 2. Started with eclair and ended with ICS. It will be retired as a backup and deserves the rest.

billsfan2

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Moving on as well to the S3. You all have been a wealth of knowledge for this newbie to smartphones since July 2010 for which I have been and will continue to be grateful. I would have been content to stay with Fascinate a while longer (even though the 3G network does seem rather slow lately!). While my data use isn't much by many of your standards, I refused to give up my unlimited data OR pay $20 more for a tiny 1 GB, so was pushed into what is probably my last upgrade. It's the principle of the thing, you know! Hope the voice recognition works on the S3 though, because except for Google search, the stock prog on the Fasc never understood me, and even my first couple dumb phones could voice dial. :) Guess I'll continue to use it on wi-fi after I figure out how to move everything to the S3, lol. Thanks again you guys!

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I was not in a position to upgrade, but if I had been I likely would have pre-ordered an S3.
Very dissapointed, but not surprised to find that VZW decided to make one minor change to the phone everyone in the world got - hardware locking down of the bootloader ... all I know is that I'd be pissed and probably would have returned it (even though it will be circumvented I'm sure).

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The time finally came to say goodbye to my fascinate as my every day device. I've moved on to the Galaxy S3 and couldn't be happier. I loved my fascinate, but this thing blows everything out of the water. I'm looking forward to my next couple years with my new device... and somehow I was able to keep my unlimited data (I am very happy about that).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781