1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lock button screen capture bug

Hey everyone, wife still rockin this thing and more often than not, when she pushes the lock button, it takes screen capture pics and refuses to simply lock/sleep. Stock unrooted. Fix for this? Common bug?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Common bug for me. Happens at least 2-3 times per week.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I had the phone for a year and it only happened once.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Lock button screen capture bug

Happens to both my wife and I at least a few times a week. Haven't found anything that fixes it. At first we would restart (up volume + power) until we realized that if you just let the screen timeout then it will be good to go. Not a fix, but one suggestion would be to lower the screen timeout in settings > display. This way when it does happen it will hopefully fix itself quicker by timing out.

Default Re: Lock button screen capture bug

A little late to the party, but I'll throw this out there anyway.

What causes this is the back button gets "stuck". The phone thinks you are pressing back when you're not. The key combo to take a screen shot(on purpose) is "back+power". What works for me when this happens is to press and release the back button (this seems to reset the state of the button), then you're able to press power to lock the phone (with out the annoying screen capture).

At any given time, one, some, or all of the capacitive buttons have gotten stuck like this on my phone with very strange and frustrating results. Press and hold home brings up task manager. Press and hold search to initiate voice search. These pop up for no reason when I'm doing other things due to this weird button issue. But pressing and releasing the rouge button(s) usually clears it up.