Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default have 2 fascinates - one with broken screen

Guys, need help here fast if possible. I actually have a Telus Fascinate (same as tmobile vibrant) but figured this page would be more visited. Anyways, I have 2 fascinates, one (phone A) with a fubarred USB port which I havent used in months, and the other one (phone B) now as of the last hour with a broken screen....dont ask.

what is my easiest option to get things working with all my "current" data. Can I simply swap the motherboard from phone "B" over to phone "A" and have everything working again? I'm assuming the USB port is part of the motherboard so if this indeed is the case will this work? I figured this would be an easier task then switching the actual touchscreen etc.

Thanks in advance!.....(kids...sheesh)
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: have 2 fascinates - one with broken screen

The screen might be easier, you can find repair manuals and videos online Here is the first i dug up: Samsung Fascinate LCD Screen Repair and Replacement Video Guide
    Thanked by:
    sdmf 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks for the info pizzadude. Just watched the video and it seems I could just bypass the whole ripping apart the screen/glass and and just put install the board into the other phone. If anyone thinks differently or has any other advice feel free to let me know before tonight when I attempt lol.....thanks again.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Just wanted to report back. Everything is back and working Opened everything up and swapped out the mainboard etc etc. installed battery and everything came up great and runinng perfectly
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Hey good for you! I would not have even attempted it. I am not all that mechanically inclined