Facinate info now that DX is out

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
So now that the Moto DX has been release, when will verizon get up to speed and release the Samsung Galaxy phone since there already behind in the game with At&t and T-Mob already releasing there's.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Why? They want to pimp one phone at a time. People come into upgrade eligiblity constantly. By releasing a new Android phone every month or so, they can keep up the public awareness and get people to recontract.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
ya played with the vibrant. Was very impressed with the super amoled display. Very smooth device and Avatar played flawlessly. actually makes watching video on the device a pleasure.

Seeing the device in action reaffirms my decision to get the facinate.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Why? They want to pimp one phone at a time. People come into upgrade eligiblity constantly. By releasing a new Android phone every month or so, they can keep up the public awareness and get people to recontract.

Problem is, the last 3 big Android releases have been sold out day 1 and forcing customers to wait 2-4 weeks to get theirs. By your theory, they're wasting time. If people wanna upgrade right then and there, they would have to go else where because Verizon is holding back future phones for current phones they don't have in stock.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I also played with the vibrant yesterday, and I gotta tell ya, I wasn't impressed with the UI. The phone itself was fantastic and a joy to behold, beautiful screen, smooth gaming, but I don't know about it. It felt like it was trying to be an iPhone.

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the using the iphone idea, only putting it in a better phone. A good/decent ui on a bad phone isn't any good but put it on a good/high end phone and you've got something going

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I personally enjoyed Samsung's live wallpapers. Better then Sense and Motos stupid red eye.

The icons and horizontally scrolling app drawer are a bit too iphoney but there is always root and roms for that. If you don't like the Ui and are to scared or non technical to root then buy another device.

Last edited:

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I personally enjoyed Samsung's live wallpapers. Better then Sense and Motos stupid red eye.

The icons and horizontally scrolling app drawer are a bit too iphoney but there is always root and roms for that. If you don't like the Ui and are to scared or non technical to root then buy another device.

Can't you always just go into the settings and change them theme? Wouldn't this remove that "iphone" look?

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Naw its not that simple, but you counld download a different launcher that would get rid of the iphone feel. Personally, I don't see it as a iPhoney.

But, to each his own

umanben

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
i've always had very good luck with samsung phones i've owned in the past. i hope there isn't too much of a lag between this coming out and the droid 2 in august. i would like to get another "easily" or at least ready to root phone for verizon. plus the graphics processor and the screen seem to be better than motorola's latest so that will be a plus as well.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I just want to know if the fascinate will have a changeable boot loader unlike motos current and future builds, because until i can put a vanilla android on a top notch hardware device on verizon's network i will not be upgrading.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair