Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No Fascinate For A While

This is the one thing I didn't want to hear. If this is true that means it may be a while before we even HEAR anything about the Fascinate. And if this holds up I might as well wait until Nov. or Dec. to see what this "God Phone" will be.

ROM
    Community Rom 2.0

i hope this turns out not to be true... i'm looking forward to this phone

Count on it. It's a wise business decision to not muddy the waters any further than needed .
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

I'd wait for official info. I seem to remember a lot of sites and blogs saying Verizon wouldn't even get a Galaxy S of their own. I'll believe Samsung for now, since they said at their event that all four would come this summer.

Verizon still has the Droid 2 and the rumored HTC "Scorpion" to launch. They probably just need to find a open space in their lineup to fit it.
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

ROM
    Community Rom 2.0

find room to fit it? they should make room. from the benchmarks test video's I've seen, the Galaxy S line is blowing away the competition. Verizon should want to have that phone up in running to keep up with there competitors.

I went to verizon store and started talking to rep about droid x, and he was smiling and all praisey about it (maybe his sales pitch), but as soon as I asked the rep about the fascinate and mentioned its benchmark test performance, his tone changes and he started acting skeptic about samsung phones and saying who needs faster gpu, and how only a few people game and therefore droid x was better phone. He was not even willing to accept that fascinate could be better phone in terms of performance and later another rep started backing him up. I can understand he wants to make a cut by selling me droid x, but he was trying to turn me off on fascinate which is also a verizon phone. It seemed like verizon reps aren't much excited about fascinate, so might not be verizon itself. Will have to wait and see what is verizon's strategy about this rather great device. and sale numbers on other carriers just might help them make up their mind.

My rep didn't even know what a Fascinate was.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TreyDaPrince View Post

This is the one thing I didn't want to hear. If this is true that means it may be a while before we even HEAR anything about the Fascinate. And if this holds up I might as well wait until Nov. or Dec. to see what this "God Phone" will be.
    There was zero news in that story. There never has been a date, there still is not a public launch date. Period. It's not delayed. It's not pushed back. There's nothing to say yet. FUD.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    There was zero news in that story. There never has been a date, there still is not a public launch date. Period. It's not delayed. It's not pushed back. There's nothing to say yet. FUD.
    I understand and agree, but it was just something I didn't wanna hear.

Quote Originally Posted by taylormah View Post
    I went to verizon store and started talking to rep about droid x, and he was smiling and all praisey about it (maybe his sales pitch), but as soon as I asked the rep about the fascinate and mentioned its benchmark test performance, his tone changes and he started acting skeptic about samsung phones and saying who needs faster gpu, and how only a few people game and therefore droid x was better phone. He was not even willing to accept that fascinate could be better phone in terms of performance and later another rep started backing him up. I can understand he wants to make a cut by selling me droid x, but he was trying to turn me off on fascinate which is also a verizon phone. It seemed like verizon reps aren't much excited about fascinate, so might not be verizon itself. Will have to wait and see what is verizon's strategy about this rather great device. and sale numbers on other carriers just might help them make up their mind.
    It's not they are not excited it is that they are not as knowledgeable about the device, well most of them are not.

They assume they have all the info in the world, but in practice when visiting the stores I come off as more knowledgeable when it pertains to current and future devices. In fact, My Verizon store reps had not even heard of the Facinate when I requested info.

You will gain more knowledge through these forums then by visiting Verizon and try to gain info from them directly. They just have corporate knowledge that trickles its way down to them.

We have in depth knowledge here.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post

When do you expect a release date?

I won't hold you to it just curious as to when you think they might have a release by.

Quote Originally Posted by gspeed View Post
    When do you expect a release date?

I won't hold you to it just curious as to when you think they might have a release by.
    Verizon has several high-end Android handsets on the horizon. They want to sell as many X's as possible before launching a new phone. I would expect to start getting more leaks to the next phone within the next month. But that could be the Droid 2, Fascinate, or some other phone we haven't heard of yet.
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

I would estimate sometime in September, most likely mid - late September. But definitely after the droid 2. It doesn't do any good to complain about Verizon not releasing this phone right away. I'm just happy that Verizon is going to carry it, and it will come when it comes its as simple as that.

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

I don't know how significant this is, but in response to a question about when the Fascinate would be out, the semi-official VZWTechSupport Twitter feed said "Most that can be said at this point about a release date is late summer."

I suppose that's slightly better than "late summer or early fall," which is what we'd heard before. Still, I can think of several definitions of "summer" ...
    vor

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bigxie

September 21st!

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vor View Post
    September 21st!
    please tell me that is some sick joke
    vor

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bigxie

it is...that's the last day of official summer

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vor View Post
    it is...that's the last day of official summer
    Sorry I have lack of sleep and over excitement from waiting for this phone. You had me going there

ROM
    Community Rom 2.0

Hopefully it'll be late august, I know vz like motorola and all but variety is good and the galaxy s line is getting a lot of ppl excited and ready to buy. Can't wait for it to come out, just with vz would say something about it instead of leaving us hanging like this

This is beyond frustrating, finally a droid phone that is fast, has a good screen indoors and out, fits in my pocket without poking me (i am looking at you, droid X) and now it's released on AT&T but the release date for Verizon is *months* away. arrrrrggghh!!! I might as well wait for the Incredible2!

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joebob2000 View Post
    This is beyond frustrating, finally a droid phone that is fast, has a good screen indoors and out, fits in my pocket without poking me (i am looking at you, droid X) and now it's released on AT&T but the release date for Verizon is *months* away. arrrrrggghh!!! I might as well wait for the Incredible2!
    It was leaked on another forum that the Fascinate was just released for testing. That normally means the phone is 6-8 weeks away from the general public...

ROM
    Community Rom 2.0

i hope so, i'm looking forward to picking up the fascinate when it comes out

Quote Originally Posted by Jrid32 View Post
    It was leaked on another forum that the Fascinate was just released for testing. That normally means the phone is 6-8 weeks away from the general public...
    I am convinced that the Fascinate *is* the Incredible 2, it will kill Incredible sales unless they do a BOGO or something on it to keep it moving. That means that unless they are ready to be done selling the Incredible they are going to wait a good while before releasing the Fascinate. My money is on the end of November at the earliest.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jrid32 View Post
    Got a link to that I wouldn't mind reading it personally i must know more about this phone.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast