Petition for VZW Fascinate Release Soon

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
wow 4 total singatures. Sorry to mock as I am one who is quite upset that Verizon hasn't released this phone. I think I can wait though.

Petition are suppose to be for things that matter. As much as I want a Facinate it is still a superficial and material device. I can live on without it.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think we can safely bet this phone will launch ~ 1 month after the Droid 2 hits. Verizon doesn't want phones to cannibalize each others' sales and they want to make sure they have hot new phones to launch on a regular basis.

JDTheMatrix

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
SO

I don't fully agree with the petitions for "real" things etc. etc. There was a petition for MW2 dedicated servers that got a lot of publicity (the question of whether it worked or not is not the point:) ), and at the rate Samsung is giving them away (to people upset with their Iphone, and via Facebook) maybe the first few people on the petition will get one? :) Hey I can dream can't I?

Either way, I sold my HTC Incredible (very poor battery life) for this phone thinking I had to dump it while it was out of stock, and now I am stuck in BB Storm original land, and loathing it to bits.

Also, to the 4 total signatures, in all fairness I did just start the petition minutes before I made this post (and subsequently became a member of this forum, although I wanted to join when using the Incredible but just never had the time).

So thanks to those who signed, I hoping maybe we can get enough to get someones attention, although it may flop, it was only a small portion of my Sunday to set it up.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Either way, I sold my HTC Incredible (very poor battery life) for this phone thinking I had to dump it while it was out of stock, and now I am stuck in BB Storm original land, and loathing it to bits.

I sold my dinc as well. I'm currently on an $11 cheap phone I purchased on ebay.($11 with free shipping)

I'm honestly ready for the wait. When it comes it comes. I seriously doubt Samsung and Verizon will change their launch schedules because 50 or so people signed a petition.

We should also use petitions for things that matter. Sure you can create a petition for anything but it just feels shallow. I'd rather sign a petition for something that truly mattered and not for a smartphone. i seriously hope the American public will decide the use of petitions are necessary for things greater then materialistic cell phones. To each his own though.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
you guys do know it was confirmed to be in testing right

Fascinate seen in the wild - Android Forums

The bottom line is that Samsung is delivering handsets to AT&T and Tmobile. The same handset (with an extra LED flash) is already released, so as of now it's up to Verizon to release it "whenever they feel like it". That time happens to be months away, since they are busy pimping their out of stock Motorola and HTC android phones so they can keep stringing customers along and profit from those models, and save the Fascinate release for when they have a lull in orders. It's a profit motive, and while it's not surprising that Verizon is doing something solely to make money to the detriment of their customers, it still stings after being a Verizon customer for so long. If I didn't get a good corporate discount with VZ, I would probably switch to AT&T to get this phone thanks to Verizon basically ******* on their customers by bogarting this phone.

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Petitions are a waste of time, they won't care if you sign it. Don't waste your time with petitions or any similar activities

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-android-leaked-roadmap-2010

Verizons leaked roadmap.

Id expect the facinate to be released either late August or early september. If they release after that then they have to worry about other more powerful Android devices being released.

While Samsung has a lead in screen technology, I may rethink buying this device if I start seeing some ffc and better processor devices that may be released in Nov.

So basically Verizon has a deadline to sell me this phone. If not out by Sept 15th I will not buy this phone as it will clearly be surpassed by the winter time and LTE is on the way.

I may have to buy an eris(ewww) off ebay for real cheap until....

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-android-leaked-roadmap-2010

Verizons leaked roadmap.

Id expect the facinate to be released either late August or early september. .......

Very interesting. However, that Roadmap provides no information on the Fascinate. While a mid September release seems reasonable based on other ancillary information on the Fascinate that is out there, I don't think this roadmap provides any supporting info, unless I missed something.

Your my boy blue

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe someone actually wasted their time making a petition for VZW to ignore, they may pay attention if you get lets say 100,000 signatures they may take a look at it but by that time the phone will already be out. Get real

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Very interesting. However, that Roadmap provides no information on the Fascinate. While a mid September release seems reasonable based on other ancillary information on the Fascinate that is out there, I don't think this roadmap provides any supporting info, unless I missed something.

ya the roadmap left the facinate out. I made an assumption that late august and early sept would be the best window for this phone's release. They have to focus on droid2 launch for 2-3 weeks. After that I'd hope the release the facinate before new devices are running the rumor mill. If they wait till after mid sept the market will have been flooded with rumored devices planned to launch in fall/winter.

Android is like a tornado. Devices are eclipsed very quickly. If Verizon stalls this phone will become outdated even if potential successors have yet too be released. Once some of these roadmap devices start getting leaked by the rumor mills it will be game over for Samsung galaxy S devices on Verizon.

Only thing that can keep this phone financially profitable for Samsung is the Superamoled and hummingbird processor.

I do enjoy how all the manufacturers have to be battle with another. Samsung really stepped up the game as far as screen and Gpu capabilities are concerned. Other manufacturers, like HTC, Motorola, Sony,etc, all will have to match or exceed consumer expectations.

They are really pushing the envelope to smartphone capabilities in search for the financial rewards.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who wants the Samsung Galaxy S... Petition with your feet! Take your money to AT&T or Tmobile, and be sure to give the Verizon CSR some hell when you call to cancel. This is the only thing they will listen to. Anyone who says "oh but I am in contract oh their service is better bla bla bla" you are basically saying "Verizon, do what you want to me, I don't care".

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who wants the Samsung Galaxy S... Petition with your feet! Take your money to AT&T or Tmobile, and be sure to give the Verizon CSR some hell when you call to cancel. This is the only thing they will listen to. Anyone who says "oh but I am in contract oh their service is better bla bla bla" you are basically saying "Verizon, do what you want to me, I don't care".

i think you mean to petition with your wallet.

Calm down everyone it's a ****ing phone for christ sake.

I am with Verizon because I like their service. I can wait till they release the phone. i'm not going to go on a hissy fit because they haven't released the device yet.

Lets act like adults please and not like some impatient children.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
i think you mean to petition with your wallet.

Calm down everyone it's a ****ing phone for christ sake.

I am with Verizon because I like their service. I can wait till they release the phone. i'm not going to go on a hissy fit because they haven't released the device yet.

Lets act like adults please and not like some impatient children.

This isn't "I ordered my phone a month ago and it hasn't arrived yet" (oh wait, Verizon does that too... :rolleyes:) it's "Samsung: hey verizon, here's an awesome phone for you to sell... Verizon: oh, thanks samsung, how nice. too bad we have less appealing phones we want to sell instead. sucks to be our customers!"

Apologize for Verizon all you want, they are crapping on their customers by being at least two months behind the other carriers. And they don't care.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary