Is the GPS going to work?

Jonegross

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
So is the fascinate going to have the same issues with gps as the say the att and tmobile flavors? I recently bought a droid 2 because I couldn't wait for the uncertain fascinate release date. But I will be inside 30 days when the fascinate is released. I use the gps function a lot, really couldn't handle not having it. The droid 2 has a number of bugs that are driving me crazy, but none as bad as a gps issue would be. I was sold on the fascinate before, but what do people think now?

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding, there will be a fix to the GPS issue on the Vibrant put out in September. So, I would suspect that if the issue does exist for the Fascinate, it'll be addressed shortly after release.

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The Epic doesn't have the issue, so I doubt the Fascinate will. They are both technically CDMA devices, and later releases hopefully means less bugs.

Jonegross

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I saw the Epic, looks like it still has the same issue. But might be acceptable. Guess I will have to check the epic forum.

Jonegross

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Actually it did not indicate that the problem was fixed, just that it was better optimized. The Engadget review showed the GPS location as a huge possible area. As pointed out it could easily put you on a parallel street.

lqaddict

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
There is still accuracy issues with Epic's GPS.
So where they have patched the GPS system to the extent it can lock on the visible satellites, it still suffers from inaccurate tracking.