Working model at VZW stores?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I walked over to the mall over lunch, and they didn't have any out. I asked if they had any, and they opened a box for me. They didn't turn it on, but it felt very light in my hand, and looked much like an older iPhone.

The VZW rep commented on the similar looks to the iPhone, and I told him with this one you could actually hold it. We both got a huge chuckle out of that.

Asked him about BING, and he said there were probably thousands of "Geeks" working on a fix for that.

I have an upgrade due at the begining of next month. I will have to see if this one is for me or not....

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I was surprised at the lack of enthusiasm for the phone at two corp stores. One of them simply told me they didn't even know the phone was coming out in two days. The other told me to come back next week, they might have some by then.

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
I'm sure it just depends on the store. Both the stores within walking distance of my office have had one out for customers to look at. It wasn't set up for display, and I had to go ask if they had one, but employees at both stores were happy to let me look at it and use it. I was able to compare it with a fully functioning droid X and the decision was easy from that point. :)

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The phone won't be officially out until tomorrow. Depending on what store you went in, the reps might be under strict orders to deny anything about the phone until official launch.

I talked to a local retailer. With the issues that will pop up with this (not loaded with google maps at the start, how review sites will blast bing, and most importantly the fact that it is BOGO out the door) means that most of them arn't very enthusiastic about this phone because it will be a lot harder for them to make a profit on.

I should say that I have no doubt this phone will sell well and people will love it, I just know a lot of reps who don't like it yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol