google search found using launcher pro

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
i did a google search for the proverbial 'your mom' using the search widget.

It takes me directly to google mobile webpage with the result set.

In fact I get real time search results as well.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
gspeed: did you download the search widget from the market before you added it to your homescreen, or did you just open up LP, and install it from there?

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
did not install anything.was going to try and sideload or play with settings later.

I installed launcher pro immediately. When I started adding widgets I notcied google search was in the list.

I added the widget and it works perfectly. Even has a voice button on the widget.

The hardware search button is still preconfigured for bing.

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
did not install anything.was going to try and sideload or play with settings later.

I installed launcher pro immediately. When I started adding widgets I notcied google search was in the list.

I added the widget and it works perfectly. Even has a voice button on the widget.

I've done exactly this, and I still get bing results, via the verizon page. Strange. :(

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I've done exactly this, and I still get bing results, via the verizon page. Strange. :(

very strange indeed, mine works just as it should.I only have one fascinate so I can't replicate the process again to see if there was anything extra I did.

Maybe someone else can try this method to see if it works out for them.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Does the Bing search widget show up in the applications list in settings? If so, is there an option to clear defaults?

I can see Bing in the app list in settings. The clear default is greyed out. Wonder what would happen if you rooted and removed bing altogether. Looks like MS and verizon did some behind the scenes work to make bing the only search visible to end users.

I'm not arguing over the phone but wouldn't this be unfair monopolistic practice.

I can understand Bing preinstalled but this stinks of shutting out the competition by removing Google search from being viewed or used on android phone.

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
I'm not really concerned, shortcut to google.com, and it's the same for the most part. Someone who cares enough will fix it eventually. For now I'm just happy with my Google maps/nav.

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
yeah, adding google search widget via LP still gets me Bing/Verizon results. This is the free version of LP. Wonder if the paid version is different?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15