Bing--If your not happy let Verizon know:

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
no they don't care what we think.

They are getting paid to sponsor Bing. Not because they wanted to. They are doing so because of a contract.

For them to renege on a contract this early isn't advisable. The end user will just have to figure out a workaround or depart from verizon altogether. Until Verizon starts losing customers and dollars a form will do nothing.

watchout4d

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site

They are getting paid to sponsor Bing. Not because they wanted to. They are doing so because of a contract.

For them to renege on a contract this early isn't advisable. The end user will just have to figure out a workaround or depart from verizon altogether. Until Verizon starts losing customers and dollars a form will do nothing.
At least we can be heard. I am a customer and pay a lot of money. Although I might be switching to Sprint over this.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

This is only partially correct. They won't try to alter the contract this early. But it's imperative that customer's speak up (or better yet, just refuse to buy the piece of crap). VZ can only ink such deals (which are worth exorbitant amounts of money) because they have such a large subscriber base. I simply will never spend my money on a phone like this under these circumstances, and I told VZ so. Luckily for them I really enjoy my DX, but had I waited for the Fascinate to come out I'd have probably just switched carriers over it.

So I agree with the OP; let them know how you feel, so they act sooner rather than later.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
the smarter thing would be to attack Microsoft/verizon for unfair monopolistic practices. The fact we can't even see google search is beyond comprehensible.

Take MS to court. Not you specifically but get people involved. **** a letter.

watchout4d

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
This is only partially correct. They won't try to alter the contract this early. But it's imperative that customer's speak up (or better yet, just refuse to buy the piece of crap). VZ can only ink such deals (which are worth exorbitant amounts of money) because they have such a large subscriber base. I simply will never spend my money on a phone like this under these circumstances, and I told VZ so. Luckily for them I really enjoy my DX, but had I waited for the Fascinate to come out I'd have probably just switched carriers over it.

So I agree with the OP; let them know how you feel, so they act sooner rather than later.
Exactly. Our voice does mean something since they know most people don't say anything.

rmaybach

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
This is the response I got today...

"We appreciate your concerns about the Samsung Fascinate. Be advised that this device has not been limited to using certain applications. While this device include Bing, it is not the only mapping option that can be used on this device. Customers that use the Samsung Fascinate can download Google Maps, if desired, from the Android Marketplace by using the device's Market icon. Also, other supported Google applications can be added to the device if the customer prefers to use such applications. "

smoke5643

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
May not be for everybody but a solution is available. Just download Launcher Pro and Dolphin HD Browser and Bing-O you've got Google. (No pun intended hahahahaha!)