Great news about Best Buy (BOGO)

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I went in to Best Buy to ask them about buying the Fascinate and I learned some really great information about the BOGO. Officially BBY isn't offering the BOGO, that is exclusive to Verizon, but they've developed a back door to it. Since they price match, not only are you skipping the mail in rebate, but they will cut the price of each phone in half, making the cost of 2 phones out the door $200! Unfortunately for me I can't upgrade both lines until January (primary can upgrade, but not the secondary. I called Verizon, there's no getting around it), but I thought I'd let everybody know of this really great opportunity.

Happy shopping, I hope everyone is loving their new phones!

GetOnMahLevel

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I didn't even think to try a price match@bb although I preorded from bb at first I then saw the BOGO offer from verizon and jumped on it right away..also got my wifes early upgrade date moved up a month... Loving verizon for that...

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I didn't even think to try a price match@bb although I preorded from bb at first I then saw the BOGO offer from verizon and jumped on it right away..also got my wifes early upgrade date moved up a month... Loving verizon for that...

How did you manage that? Is the the secondary line on the account? My wife's is January 5th, I've been with them for 8 years, and they wouldn't budge on the date.

GetOnMahLevel

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
yeah.. both lines are on the same account.. both upgrade dates were the same.. and we were only a little over a month away(10/19 was NE2 date) and i just called up the upgrades department and asked if they would kindly move up the date.. she asked if i was having any problems with our current phones.. and i simply told her that we had Storm 1s.. put me on hold and came back a few minutes later and told me that she got our dates moved up to yesterday but that they would not go into effect until today which was untrue.. it was actually good to go about an hour after the fact.. so i picked up my Fascinate and my wife's Droid 2(she wants a physical keyboard now) a little before closing last night at VZW..

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
yeah.. both lines are on the same account.. both upgrade dates were the same.. and we were only a little over a month away(10/19 was NE2 date) and i just called up the upgrades department and asked if they would kindly move up the date.. she asked if i was having any problems with our current phones.. and i simply told her that we had Storm 1s.. put me on hold and came back a few minutes later and told me that she got our dates moved up to yesterday but that they would not go into effect until today which was untrue.. it was actually good to go about an hour after the fact.. so i picked up my Fascinate and my wife's Droid 2(she wants a physical keyboard now) a little before closing last night at VZW..

I called VZW yesterday. The rep told me he can move up the NE2 and upgrade date by 1 month/ 30days on both lines, but only 1 month. The rep said he has to get manager approval. (not sure how true that is) I have about 8 days until I can call them again and get it moved up. Then Facinate, here I come!!!!!!!

GetOnMahLevel

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I called VZW yesterday. The rep told me he can move up the NE2 and upgrade date by 1 month/ 30days on both lines, but only 1 month. The rep said he has to get manager approval. (not sure how true that is) I have about 8 days until I can call them again and get it moved up. Then Facinate, here I come!!!!!!!

Right on..i dunno what phone you have now but I came from a storm and comparing these phones is like night and day.. Loving my Fascinate..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site

That helps ease my frustration a little bit, as the upgrade for her phone is still 3 months out (January 5th). I guess I'll just have to wait. That's not such a bad thing, though, it will give the community time to figure out all of the tricks to the phone and then I can swoop in and reap the benefits :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38