Google Navigation Volume

theoneuafter

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that too. I tested my gps a few times today to make sure it was working and had to kinda cup my hand behind the speaker to hear without "trying"
I think in a car without alot of ambient noise it is good enough. Im just half deaf I guess from loud stereos and air tools lol

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Yep, noticed it today. I thought that maybe the car mount didn't have a hole for the speaker, but apparently that is not the case?

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with lg ally. I can still live with it and if I feel like it I hook it up to the car stereo but it certainly is annoying. I have not used any of the droid line devices but I gather volume is not a problem there, right?

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Yup...I posted about it in a "first impressions" thread started by someone else. Very disappointing! I also noticed the headset out volume, when using a cassette adapter, isn't nearly as loud as what my Blackberry could get. I had my car stereo volume almost full, and the Fascinate volume almost full, and it was acceptable. With my Blackberry I never would have been able to tolerate the volumes both being set that high.

ETA: I wonder if we can get this added to the "known issues" list. I think it's an issue with "out" volume across the board.

Last edited:

Martian

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this too. With the windows up I could here it but with the windows down or the stereo on this isn't going to work. Hopefully this gets added to the know issues list at Samsung.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Yup...I posted about it in a "first impressions" thread started by someone else. Very disappointing! I also noticed the headset out volume, when using a cassette adapter, isn't nearly as loud as what my Blackberry could get. I had my car stereo volume almost full, and the Fascinate volume almost full, and it was acceptable. With my Blackberry I never would have been able to tolerate the volumes both being set that high.

ETA: I wonder if we can get this added to the "known issues" list. I think it's an issue with "out" volume across the board.

I also switched from storm 2 and the volume on that device was awesome compared to fascinate' s volume. I wonder if it is an issue with the software or the hardware.

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
Are you guys using a cradle / dock of some sorts? The speaker is on the back, so if you're laying this thing flat on your dash, or a dock of some kind and the speaker is getting covered, that's your problem.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Nah I'm just holding it in my hands. Holding her right up near my head, I still think she's quiet. She's kind of mean sounding too.

I do agree this is definitely a software issue.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Are you guys using a cradle / dock of some sorts? The speaker is on the back, so if you're laying this thing flat on your dash, or a dock of some kind and the speaker is getting covered, that's your problem.

Using the car dock, window mount, whatever you want to call it. It has a hole for the speaker, so that isn't the problem.

snrsuave

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Me too

Just tested this against a friend's Epic 4G and his Google nav volume was about twice as loud as mine on the Fascinate. Hopefully this gets resolved. It's annoying trying to listen to the built in music player while navigating, since the music volume is WAY louder than the nav volume. I have to set the music volume at 8 and the nav volume to max to even things out. It's a workaround for now, but it's a pain to have to adjust my volume levels every time I want to use Google nav.

Last edited: