A Real Solution for Bling

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It blows my mind to hear so many people rail against Bling on a phone that has root, and has google apps and search in the system dump. Not to sound too harsh but if you hate Bling and really want to do something about it, don't blame a phone, Verizon, or Microsoft for that matter, look at your computer screen and the little windows icon and blame yourself. If Open Source is what your looking for then load up linux on your computer and stop paying MS and Apple for their proprietary software. MS sells software and if you turn to OSS it will cut out their bottom line plain and simple. VZ runs a business and cares about their shareholders first and foremost. Think about it, if someone approached you on the streets and offered you a truckload of money to run Bling on your phone, would you?

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You Fail is hardly an argument against what I stated. I did not post a thread offering a one button solution to Bling (and yes I do know it's real name, but I call it as I see it and Bling is just an overpriced piece of gawdy jewelry hung around the neck of the Fascinate). If you are looking for that Cory and Jerry, along with some very talented and productive members, have some very good options posted on the main page. Why are you still looking here? I posted this to wake people up to the fact that we as consumers are as much to blame. You see the real failure hear is in consumerism, everybody wants what they want and because they pay a company money for that they think that company owes them something other than what the contract states. You show me where in a VZW contract it states that Android OS will only run Google, it doesn't. Google powered phones are labeled as such. I don't see that label on the Fascinate and Open Source Software EULA only states that the Open Source Codes need to stay open. It doesn't dictate what changes can be made to it nor does it dictate the search engine used. My point is to just stop feeding the monster if you don't like what it's doing. I posted this to provoke thought among thoughtful people not for credibility or acceptance. I never was in debate team but I'm pretty sure that just shouting someone down and walking away is not one of the best ways to support an opposing argument.

Last edited: