1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is the Fascinate Screen Glass or Plastic?

Can anyone confirm if the Fascinate screen is glass or plastic. And, if it is glass, is it the Gorilla Glass?

If it is Gorilla glass, would you put a screen protector on it, or would you leave it naked. The screen is so beautiful, I hate to cover it.

Its GG.... go naked!!!!

It is without a doubt Gorilla Glass. I dont see a need for screen protectors as I treat my phones very well. My OG Droid never saw a screen protector either and that screen is still minty fresh too.
    Besides, most screen protectors from what I've read leave smudges all over the screen, no thanks.

If you search youtube you can find test videos for Gorilla Glass. Its very tough and scratch resistant.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Yeah it's definitely Gorilla Glass. I posted a FAQ in the accessories forum about the need for a screen protector with it. I like it naked too, but there are still a few things to keep in mind.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Like all of Samsung's Galaxy S phones, the screen is American-made Owens-Corning Gorilla Glass (from the O-C plant in Lexington, Kentucky). What is hilarious about the glass formulation is that it's only one year younger than I am (it dates back to 1962), and thus is actually older than most G-S owners.