Screen Brightness???

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm desperately trying to decided between the Fascinate and the X as my upgrade phone. I went to the store and played with both yesterday. The one thing that is keeping me from pulling the trigger on the Fascinate is the screen brightness in the web browser. I tried turning off the "auto screen brightness" setting, and then I set it to max brightness. The brightness levels are perfect with the exception of web browsing. It almost looks like when you switch to the web browser, the screen dims 10-20%. When it darkens up, it seems to introduce the bluish/gray cast that people have been complaining about with the other Galaxy S phones. I didn't notice a problem in anything BUT the web browser.

Any new owners have an opinion on this? Does it look to anyone else that the screen dims a bit when switching to the web browser?

I like the size and brightness of the X. I like the shape and build of the Fascinate. Now that Bing has been conquered, I'm really stumped as to which one I want. Please help!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
No problem. You're going to love this phone. That browser setting is unique to the Galaxy S, AFAIK. I think it's to help conserve battery life because most web pages have the white background, which Samsung says eats more battery than black backgrounds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21