1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Fascinate owners - Please sign this petition for LED notification

Since our Fascinate device does not have a notification LED there is a petition to develop the use of the softkey backlight LED(s) to be used as a notification light. As most of you are aware, there is an app that uses the screen; however, this is not ideal as the LED softkey backlights would use less power than implementing the AMOLED screen for notifications.

Please view and sign the petition here:

a little obsessive...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! for creating this petition. I called everyone and was in the Verizon store for over an hour trying to figure out why the $#%@ light wasn't working!! I hope they listen to our pleas. I've never had a phone (especially a $200 one) without an LED indicator.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I'm still not convinced there isn't an LED where everyone thinks there's 2 proximity sensors I think it just isn't enabled for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    I'm still not convinced there isn't an LED where everyone thinks there's 2 proximity sensors I think it just isn't enabled for whatever reason.
    I'm pretty sure, based on hardware specifications, that 1 is a Proximity Sensor and the other is an Ambient Light sensor (for the automatic brightness control).

I would be ecstatic if I was wrong though.

Thanks for the petition, I think that's a cool idea!