Search Settings

syrianrue

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, not sure how to word this correctly. I am planning on making the switch to android finally, after sending my Blackberry Bold back in. I have been stuck between Fascinate and Droid X, though I have decided on Fascinate. I noticed in store that using the google search widget or button on droid x, and searching for a result like "walmart" i was able to get a link to Maps in the results that would then give me the closest walmart. I was unable to replicate this on the Fascinate, even after installing launcherpro and adding the google search widget.

My questions are, is it possible to get results from maps in a google search on the fascinate like you do on the X? Or do you have to take 1 extra step and launch google maps first? Is this something that could be fixed by removal (renaming) of bing or possibly through the update to froyo?

I tried messing with search settings and couldn't find an option. I have experience with all kinds of devices but not much android experience yet outside of my friends D1. I do plan on rooting and performing the lagfix, and enhanced gsearch apk, and removal of as much verizon bloat as possible. I am really excited about this phone and after about 5 minutes in the store with it I decided I finally wanted to switch to android. Technically it was the X that made me want to switch, but this phone beats it hands down IMO. This is after years of QWERTY devices and an absolute hatred of touchscreen.

Also, hello everyone! I have been reading up here forever and following CB/TIPB/AC for a long time. I think that AC has a great community and hope someone can help me with this and look forward to all the custom roms and hacks of android, which I believe to be far superior to any other mobile OS out there.

syrianrue

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
So the enhanced google search fixes it 100% ? I like being able to hit a button and saying "navigate to walmart" and it does everything for me. Sorry, don't have my phone yet or else I would be able to just figure this all out on my own.

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
So the enhanced google search fixes it 100% ? I like being able to hit a button and saying "navigate to walmart" and it does everything for me. Sorry, don't have my phone yet or else I would be able to just figure this all out on my own.

Yeah, my wife used it last night to navigate to the liquor store.. :eek: :p "Navigate to Binny's Beverages on Grand".

syrianrue

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Wonderful! Thanks for the quick response both of you. I really can't wait to get my phone and spend some time getting all the crap off of it and turning it into the amazing device that verizon has prevented it from being. Now if only more people learned just how great this device is and looked past some badmouth reviews.

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
Wonderful! Thanks for the quick response both of you. I really can't wait to get my phone and spend some time getting all the crap off of it and turning it into the amazing device that verizon has prevented it from being. Now if only more people learned just how great this device is and looked past some badmouth reviews.

Glad to have you on board! The reviewers did a decent job reviewing what they had, and to be honest, I think VZW did some of that on purpose to prevent cannibalizing sales of the Droid X. Regardless, people who could see past that and bought the device for the hardware, and not the stock software, are going to be very happy with it.

syrianrue

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I agree 100% Far too much money to be lost on marketing over the DROID line. Simply reading the specs people should make the decision on Fascinate, and like I said, after 5 mins in store with it, I forgot all about the X. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay