Email always over 3G - off/on with wifi+3G

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
I was curious if anyone had every had a problem getting their email over wifi+3g together.. We use a application called "Good Messaging" at work, and if I have only 3G/OTA enabled, I always get my email. If I turn on WiFi alongside 3G, it's not consistent. Eventually I will start to not received emails.

I pulled my battery, and that seemed to help, but what I think it did was reset the Good Messaging app, which has to run in the background. I have ATK installed, so I added Good Messaging to the ignore list, and it worked for ~2-3 hours.. Now it's back. No email.. I turn off WiFi and instantly my mail comes through just fine via 3G/OTA.

I'm almost positive this is either an application or Verizon thing, but was curious if anyone had ever seen anything like this before?

It's not a deal-breaker, I just turn wifi off when I'm not using it as a temporary fix, but I would love to just keep it on all the time.

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I was curious if anyone had every had a problem getting their email over wifi+3g together.. We use a application called "Good Messaging" at work, and if I have only 3G/OTA enabled, I always get my email. If I turn on WiFi alongside 3G, it's not consistent. Eventually I will start to not received emails.

I pulled my battery, and that seemed to help, but what I think it did was reset the Good Messaging app, which has to run in the background. I have ATK installed, so I added Good Messaging to the ignore list, and it worked for ~2-3 hours.. Now it's back. No email.. I turn off WiFi and instantly my mail comes through just fine via 3G/OTA.

I'm almost positive this is either an application or Verizon thing, but was curious if anyone had ever seen anything like this before?

It's not a deal-breaker, I just turn wifi off when I'm not using it as a temporary fix, but I would love to just keep it on all the time.

I use K-9 and have not had that issue at all. I always use wifi when I work at my store and it works flawlessly with my email. I would guess its an app thing