Verizon Splash Screen

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I searched for this answer but could not find it.
Short of rooting is there any way to eliminate the verizon splash screen when powering up?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
the only way to alter most of that kind of stuff is by rooting and replacing it. aside from rooting i dont think that there is any other way

mluihn

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
There is a app called ''boot animation changer'' that works great, you get it at the market...But you have to be rooted.

rsmiff

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I think that app is more for the droid phones. It did not change anything for my fascinate. There are no bootanimation.zip files in either /data/local/ or /system/media/ by default.

I have successfully changed the shutdown animation. It is located in /system/media/video/shutdown/. I found replacement files here.

I believe the startup and shutdown audio is in /system/media/audio/ui/...shutdown.ogg and I'm guessing the startup sound is VerizonWireless.ogg (**edit** shutdown is correct but the latter is not the boot sound)

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have successfully changed the shutdown animation. It is located in /system/media/video/shutdown/. I found replacement files here.

Did you happen to notice that all of the Sprint animation files are also in there?! That's kind of funny.

Anyway, it appears that the Epic does not use the .zip file for it's splash screen bootup. If you look in /system/media, there are a bunch of .qmg files that appear to have something to do with the bootup animation and might be unique to Samsung based on my limited Google search.

On a separate note to everyone, be really careful when you're messing around with some of these files. In an attempt to stop the bootup sound on the Epic, I went in and renamed it to poweron.wav.old. It bricked the phone, because the OS couldn't find that file on bootup. Instead, I am going to replace it with a wav file that makes no sound for half a second. Big lesson learned.

Bryant.Villada

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if you guys are aware of this app, but if you do not want to hear the start up and shutdown sounds you can use an app for rooted users called Silentboot. This app can be found in the market.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind the Verizon splash screen as much as I hate the sound it makes. I haven't heard that since I had an old AudioVox flip phone years ago. That was one solid phone though.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the sound can be gotten rid of with just root. just replace the PowerOn.wav with one of your choosing.

the boot animation files need a kernel that supports replacing them.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
the sound can be gotten rid of with just root. just replace the PowerOn.wav with one of your choosing.

This is definitely the correct answer, but I want to emphasize the word replace. You phone will not boot past the Samsung logo without this file. I learned that lesson the hard way after I deleted it.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Interesting about the Sprint boot logos.

Anyone notice the boot logos loading REALLY fast? Like by the time the audio for the Samsung one finishes the VZW has been running for a bit.

Last edited:

Leo Scenes

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I have An LG-G2 and if my quiet mode is set up even for one min between the wee hours of the morn. It will not make a sound on start up whatever time it is n no Root.
Just fyi if anyone wants silent startup n doesnt want to root.
Best of luck all!