Help! New Droid

stormy777

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I called VZ today because my SD Card won't connect to my PC via the cable the lady said oh this is a know issue.

All I wanted to do was download the Google Search to the SD card.

How do I download or move the Google search file over to the SD Card without connecting it to our PC? I am a bit novice. Former BB user.

The lady at VZ was useless to say the least. Didn't have a clue about the phone.

Thanks for any insight. I am considering taking the phone back and getting the Droid X if these issues don't get fixed.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
No issues here copying files from the computer to the sd card with the phone mounted. Why are you trying to move it to the sd card? You don't need to.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
What OS version are you running? I'm running 64bit Windows 7. Can't remember where I grabbed the drivers from but some are linked here

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
You can navigate the web and download it directly to your phone. If you want to move it around on the phone, download a file manager. I'm partial to Astro File manager...its free in the market.

If you want to do it from your PC... don't forget connect the phone via USB, then go onto the phone, swipe the notifications bar down, and then press on the USB message, and select "Mount". That will make the phone show up as an external storage device on your computer.

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I was just playing with ASTRO and moving files isn't really intuitive. Here is how you do it. Open Astro, find the file you want to move. Long press that file. Select "Edit". Select "Move". Now... navigate to the folder you would like to place the file into. Once there, click "Edit" on the top. Then click "Paste". Your file should then be pasted into your new folder.

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Just keep pressing "up" in the astro navigation. When it won't go up any more you should see the SD folder. When you locate the file, don't bother moving it. Just click on it and install it from where it's at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay