Facebook photo to contact photo sync?

jessie02

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to sync my contacts photo's with their associated Facebook account photo? Out of all of my contacts, only one of them has a photo. Don't think I'm missing anything but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it.....Any help would be appreciated.

GetOnMahLevel

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I just did this..

Here you go..make sure you read the note and register your phone with facebook.. I couldn't get it to work until I did that..

http://www.new-samsung-phones.com/how-to-set-up-a-facebook-account-on-samsung-fascinate.html

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

shanky

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I just did this..

Here you go..make sure you read the note and register your phone with facebook.. I couldn't get it to work until I did that..

How to Set Up A Facebook Account on Samsung Fascinate | New SamSung Phones

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

That's pretty much it. You also have to make sure under Contacts that they are linked properly. Once Facebook contacts are linked with regular contacts, the Facebook picture will show up as the contact picture.

texmex999

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Along these lines, the facebook photo seems to "win" when you link a contact that already has a photo. This would be fine, but the facebook pics are very small w/ low res, so if you try to use the LauncherPro People widget, the pictures look bad/grainy. Any thoughts on bringing in Facebook contacts, but being able to "overwrite" the picture on the linked contact entry?

jessie02

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Selecting individual contacts

I also noticed when it finally synced, it gave me the option to select only certain contacts I wanted to have synced between FB and the the phone. Cant figure out how to get back to that option so I can un-check certain contacts....

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a question about Facebook sync. I haven't done a sync yet because I'm thinking all of my 350 friends will end up in my Contacts. Is that what happen? Or can we pick and choose?

GetOnMahLevel

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
^^they could possibly.. but like the previous poster said.. you can pick and choose which ones you want sync'd to your phone.. i believe.. i'm pretty sure..

jessie02

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a question about Facebook sync. I haven't done a sync yet because I'm thinking all of my 350 friends will end up in my Contacts. Is that what happen? Or can we pick and choose?

You can pick and choose before it sync's, you dont have to add all the facebook contacts. I just figured out that if you remove the facebook account from your accounts and sync menu and then re-add it, it will let you pick and choose contacts to sync again.

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok I synced my facebook contacts but none are showing up. Maybe I'm confused. Does it link all of my friends? Nothing changed in my contacts?

bstarr3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm also confused. I registered my phone on fb (annoying - didn't have to do this with my dinc or my old iphone). I've tried re-syncing. I've also tried deleting the account and re-adding it, but I still don't get fb pictures to show up on my contacts. Any tips? There are two facebook account options I see when you go to add an account. One is under "integrated contacts account" and one is not. Does it matter which of those you select?

jessie02

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm also confused. I registered my phone on fb (annoying - didn't have to do this with my dinc or my old iphone). I've tried re-syncing. I've also tried deleting the account and re-adding it, but I still don't get fb pictures to show up on my contacts. Any tips? There are two facebook account options I see when you go to add an account. One is under "integrated contacts account" and one is not. Does it matter which of those you select?

It does matter. You have to select integrated contacts (the first choice on the top). I think I had selected the other one at first which was where I went wrong.

jessie02

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok I synced my facebook contacts but none are showing up. Maybe I'm confused. Does it link all of my friends? Nothing changed in my contacts?

Look at my last post and that should help you out some. There are two FB account types (under settings>accounts and sync>add new acount). The first is "Integrated Contact accounts" and the second is "More Accounts." Make sure you select the FB option under Integrated accounts. It should ask you to log in, then it should ask you to slect your contacts. Dont take offense to the next part, but of course the green checkmark means the box is selected where as the greyed out box means its not. Either check "select all" at the top, or you can individually check each contact which you would like to sync. Hope that helps.....

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I am having similar problems and have tried the above fixes but am still unable to sync contacts. After uninstalling the FB app I tried to create the integrated contact account I continually get "Login failed. Try Later". This error continues to pop up either before installing the FB app or after. Is there something I am missing along the way?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

all will be listed but you can uncheck them to not show in your contact list. They will be a separate group. Existing google contacts will remain with updated FB fields.

jessie02

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I am having similar problems and have tried the above fixes but am still unable to sync contacts. After uninstalling the FB app I tried to create the integrated contact account I continually get "Login failed. Try Later". This error continues to pop up either before installing the FB app or after. Is there something I am missing along the way?

The contact sync shouldnt have anything to do with the actual face book app as I dont think the two are related. Maybe a battery pull to fix the login failure?

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Look at my last post and that should help you out some. There are two FB account types (under settings>accounts and sync>add new acount). The first is "Integrated Contact accounts" and the second is "More Accounts." Make sure you select the FB option under Integrated accounts. It should ask you to log in, then it should ask you to slect your contacts. Dont take offense to the next part, but of course the green checkmark means the box is selected where as the greyed out box means its not. Either check "select all" at the top, or you can individually check each contact which you would like to sync. Hope that helps.....

Thanks for your help, but it seems I'm still having issues. I removed my Facebook account, then added it under Intergraded Contacts. Then when I login it just asks me how often I want it to sync. I select an option there, then it just gives me checkmarks for "contacts" and "birthdays" It says all contacts are synced, but nothing is showing up in my contacts. I hate to be a Pain in the ***...im sure ill figure it out sometime

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox