Having a 'save file'-Samsung Fascinate

retiredf5

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
When viewing incoming email, I'd like to have a file that I could send messages to that I want to retain for a period of time with out fear of deleting the contents.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
When does that Fantastic release?

And you can't save emails locally unless there is some feature that one of the alternate email apps provide that I don't know about.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
When viewing incoming email, I'd like to have a file that I could send messages to that I want to retain for a period of time with out fear of deleting the contents.

I'm assuming you're talking about Gmail, in which case download/install Save my Attach from the Market, which will resolve your problem. If I remember correctly, this is fixed in Froyo.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming you're talking about Gmail, in which case download/install Save my Attach from the Market, which will resolve your problem. If I remember correctly, this is fixed in Froyo.

I believe he's talking about sending the entire email to file, kind of like you would do with Outlook on a PC/Mac. Saving attachments works fine in Gmail so that can't be what he's talking about...or at least mine works correctly. :)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If that's what he's talking about, ignore me then. I'll have to play around with the saving attachments part without the program I suggested/am using. I recall being able to open a file in preview, but not being able to save it.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
If that's what he's talking about, ignore me then. I'll have to play around with the saving attachments part without the program I suggested/am using. I recall being able to open a file in preview, but not being able to save it.

K-9 mail has an archive button for individual emails also a move and a spam button. I have not been able to get them to work yet though. Is there a paid version that unlocks the buttons?

Martian

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
K9 is free and open source, no paid version. There are several settings for the buttons that you can play with. Took me a while to get it right.

Also, if you using a POP connection i don't believe you have access to all the features do the the very limited nature of POP. Best to use IMAP.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
K9 is free and open source, no paid version. There are several settings for the buttons that you can play with. Took me a while to get it right.

Also, if you using a POP connection i don't believe you have access to all the features do the the very limited nature of POP. Best to use IMAP.

Ahh! Maybe it's the pop. Don't think my ISP provides IMAP--just pop. I tried to find a web support site for K-9 Mail. Tried K-9 Dog Walkers. Found some buzz about the program but no site. Oh, and my dog has lots of offers to walk him!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12