Contact List - Last name first

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I had to go in gmail and change them around on the computer for them to show up last name first on my Droid. PITA for sure, but a lot easier than doing it on your phone. ;)

cybermonkeyssf

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I had to go in gmail and change them around on the computer for them to show up last name first on my Droid. PITA for sure, but a lot easier than doing it on your phone. ;)

So you edited each of you contacts on Gmail and put the last name in the first name field?
This is the only phone I know of that does not give any options for display order of contacts....one would think that would be a base option on all the Samsung Galaxy S phones.....

Toxa

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
You can go to Gmail on your PC, and in the settings you can change that setting. This new feature came out not too long ago.

cybermonkeyssf

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
You can go to Gmail on your PC, and in the settings you can change that setting. This new feature came out not too long ago.

But will that reflect on the phone, if you create a new contact on the phone?
I have noticed that with the syncing of the google contacts, you can't set a ring tone for those contacts, it appears you can only set ring tones for contacts that are marked at "phone" and not "google" or even "facebook"...unless those are linked to a "phone contact".....

mikegoldnj

May 25, 2010
Visit site
No. It won't reflect on the phone. I already tried this. So far only the cyanogen mod has allowed me to choose last name sort on the phone.
But will that reflect on the phone, if you create a new contact on the phone?
I have noticed that with the syncing of the google contacts, you can't set a ring tone for those contacts, it appears you can only set ring tones for contacts that are marked at "phone" and not "google" or even "facebook"...unless those are linked to a "phone contact".....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

cz9h3d

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh come on! Are you serious?!?! I really can only look at contacts sorted by their first name?!?!? What planet it Google from?

cybermonkeyssf

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
No. It won't reflect on the phone. I already tried this. So far only the cyanogen mod has allowed me to choose last name sort on the phone.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Only info I have found for "cyanomod" are all talking about flashing ROMs to it, and I am not sure I want to start flashing new ROMs to it just yet

cybermonkeyssf

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh come on! Are you serious?!?! I really can only look at contacts sorted by their first name?!?!? What planet it Google from?

I know, it's pretty lame. It's the only phone I have ever had that would not let you order contacts by last name if you wanted, even the other Droid phone I had (the Captivate on AT&T) could do that.....