1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Music Player Instability

Had the Fascinate for a couple days and have been experiencing strange problems with music playback. It seems to "skip" a little too often.
    It's definitely worse when I'm in the subway (live in nyc) and the only thing I can figure is the phone is busy constantly searching for a signal which is eating up the resources.
    Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?
    - Oh and I've used the task manager to close as many apps as possible but the skipping continues.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I haven't had that happen, but you might try a different media player like MixZing to rule out the player itself.
    Thanked by:
    asd80 

Quote Originally Posted by asd80 View Post
    Had the Fascinate for a couple days and have been experiencing strange problems with music playback. It seems to "skip" a little too often.
    It's definitely worse when I'm in the subway (live in nyc) and the only thing I can figure is the phone is busy constantly searching for a signal which is eating up the resources.
    Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?
    - Oh and I've used the task manager to close as many apps as possible but the skipping continues.
    I downloaded double twist on mine. Haven't had a problem with it so far. You can find it in the market.
    Thanked by:
    asd80 

my native music player force closed constantly. i downloaded player from the market. no problems out of it yet.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

Glad and sorry to see this post. I thought I was going crazy hearing the skip. Hope someone comes up with a fix.

Mine doesn't have an issue. Try using DoubleTwist, if it still happens then get it swapped out. Are you using burned music? Could be bad burns or you have cds with too many scratches...