Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cool thing I noticed

When in the messaging app, you have a list of all the conversations you have (ie: peoples names) If you swype right on the name you can call the person and if you swype left on the name it opens a message to that person. I find it to be pretty convenient since my most visited app on my phone is the messaging app. If this has already been posted sorry for the double post.
    Thanked by:

Default Fascinate contacts app different than Vibrant

I have a friend that has a Vibrant and when they are in the contacts list they can swipe left on a name and instantly be taken to the messaging app, and a swipe right on the name calls them. Why doesn't the Fascinate do this or can this option be turned on somewhere?

When I swipe left I get two buttons...one for call and one for message, and when I swipe right I get the call screen where I have to then press the green call button.

I'm not sure if you are asking why it doesn't automatically perform that action, but I like having to select a button as confirmation of what I'm trying to do.

Now having said that, if you are in your MESSAGES application and swipe left it will automatically place a call, and swipe right will open a text message bubble.

Thanks a great find. Thanks!

I was pretty sure the Vibrant would do it in the contacts app but maybe I'm mistaken I'll have to look at it again.

Excellent! I haven't found a way to do favorites yet (mostly because I've spent every night since I've had this phone on here trying to comprehend all this info! lol) but I keep the conversations in the message app of those that I frequently talk/text with.
    Banned

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Same on epic 4g

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Regarding Vibrant vs. Fascinate, if you call Samsung Tech Support Level 2, they will tell you "because one is GSM and the other is CDMA..." and then they will argue with you regarding the fact that that premise makes no sense. Don't get me started...

Simply stated, the GalaxyS line will have nuances with every carrier even when running the same OS. Think of these as "features" or "not features."