Loose Volume Rocker?

Bond J#AC

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
When I shake my phone I can actually hear my volume rocker 'rattle' a little bit. Anyone else? Shake the phone and listen to the area near the volume rocker! Thanks!

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
Yep, it's not too bad though. My first Fascsinate had a loose USB cover, and THAT was annoying. This is only noticeable if I shake the device on purpose.

Martian

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Easy Fix (although not for everyone):

My volume rocker is really loose (was considering a return) but I bought the black smooth silicon case and with it installed the volume rocker no longer rattles nor does it feel loose.

It still bothers me knowing it's there but I can live with it. I couldn't live with loose menu buttons like some of the Droid X's have, that would drive me over the edge.

Victim

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine does the same thing...I actually took apart the phone to check it out and there's probably a simple DIY fix for it. I'm not too worried about it, but if it drives me crazy I'll do something about it.

coltsbr

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I am on my second one and they both have been loose for me. I just put it in a soft case and seemed to take care of the issue. It does not seem to effect the device at all. ;)

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I just came from vzw and checked out the floor model, no loose rocker at all, and zero blue tint on white screens. Most likely I'll just roll with mine, I have the silicone case on anyway and its tight as a drum, I'll never rock this phone without the case anyway. I'm all to familiar with returning and searching for the perfect device, its a crazy cycle and usually the next one is worse off.....these companies all need some quality control...Seriously!!!

Bond J#AC

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
This loose rocker is annoying the hell out of me. I went back to the store to get it replaced - the first store wouldn't replace it but the second store opened two new ones and both of them did it....

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I've used 5 difference fascinates (two mine and three others owned by friends/family) and all are loose. Anyone who got one that doesn't rattle is obviously defective. LOL.

It's annoying, but not that big of a deal. Obviously you need to be REALLY lucky to get one that doesn't.

Droidus

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
My solution:

1. Take battery cover off
2. Find a thick piece of paper, look for something dark in color (advertisements etc are normally done on thicker paper).
3. Cut a 1/4"x1/4" piece and slip it in between the volume rocker and phone, I'd suggest putting the paper in the middle so it doesnt bias the feel of the rocker button to one side or another.
4. Bend the piece of paper back a bit and trim so you have a little lip left for removal purposes.
5. Put Battery cover back on and make sure that the paper is not visible.

It may seem cheap and simple, but it secures the button and the paper is not visible.

Reactions: Crackb3rry420

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Droidus...that's exactly what I did. Cut a piece of a business card maybe 1/16 of an inch wide and about a 1/4 inch long and just shoved it in there. You need an exacto knife to get it out, but it works perfectly to stabilize the button.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I just came from vzw and checked out the floor model, no loose rocker at all, and zero blue tint on white screens.

Funny you mention the blue tint because I thought it was normal (never having an AMOLED screen). I never really noticed it until I held it next to my girlfriend's DX. So I compared it to my old D1, and same thing: my SF looks blue.

Anyone else notice this? I'll take it to the store and compare with the floor models.

Stromson

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Zero hardware issues on mine; it's built like a tank. When comparing to my girlfriend's Droid 2, the Fascinate DOES have a bluer tint (especially on white backgrounds), but that's just an AMOLED thing. Her text sure looks sharper though. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair