Bluetooth phone calls/media help...

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so here's my situation: I have a car that does bluetooth, the SF connects fine for media and phone calls. On my OG Droid and Dinc, if I got a call, whatever i'm listening to cuts out and the phone overrides, the SF does this too. However after the call is ended it always loads up music from my phone, instead of going back to what I was personally listening to. The Droid and Dinc didn't, they would go back to what I was listening to. For example, i'm listening to a podcast, call comes in and after its ended, instead of going back to the podcast, it loads up the music app. I've also noticed sometimes when the bluetooth connects it will load a podcast and launch the music player at the sam time and they play over each other...

Anyone notice this as well? Have a solution? It's pretty annoying :/

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
My issue is if I've plugged my car's aux in into the headphone jack while I'm listening to a podcast, Pandora or whatever and a call comes in... I can't take it on the car's bluetooth system until I unplug from the headphone jack.

quibbs

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
This is a known issue with all Galaxy S phones. I assume it is software related and can be fixed with an update. Unfortunately I returned my Samsung (Epic 4g) because of this and a couple of other issues. 29 days left on my iPhone 4 return period, if they fix this issue before then, I'll pick up a Fascinate.

heybige

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
This is a known issue with all Galaxy S phones. I assume it is software related and can be fixed with an update. Unfortunately I returned my Samsung (Epic 4g) because of this and a couple of other issues. 29 days left on my iPhone 4 return period, if they fix this issue before then, I'll pick up a Fascinate.

quibbs - this ~should~ solve your problem. Might be worth the $40 if you want to leave the iPhone/ATT. Based on my research, a few BB's had a similar problem the SGS phones are experiencing (also had the Epic) and this piece of kit should address it.

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Remote Stereo Bluetooth Gateway for BlackBerry 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130, 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8800, 8820, 8830, 9000 (Black): Cell Phones & Service

I expect to receive mine today and will provide feedback if you'd like.

EDIT: Received the unit this afternoon and can verify that both hands free and A2DP are fully functional. Calls come in fine and "override" A2DP - no more having to unplug the headphone jack to receive/place calls!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo