Changing The Lock Screen

FrznDinner

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, Im thinking of picking up the Fascinate later on today. Super excited, but it would be my first Android phone Ive ever had, so I dont really know what is possible to tweak.

One of the things I dont like about the Fascinate's software is the 'puzzle piece' unlock screen. Is there anyway to change this to just a simple 'slide to unlock' unlock screen?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
There are two lock screen options that come stock on the Fascinate: the puzzle piece, and glass unlock. The glass unlock is basically a "slide to unlock," and of course you can find other lock screens in the market. Personally, I have No Lock which disables the lock screen altogether

DamnRock

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been using No Lock... a tid bit disappointed as there seems to be a few situations where the lock screen still displays... haven't been able to figure out the pattern though. Usually there is no lock screen but not always.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah same here. And sometimes the lock screen will flash briefly while I'm in Handcent. It's better than nothing though, and I'm sure it will be updated.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
There's a program called Widget Locker that you can completely control your lock screen (adding widgets, clocks, different slide patterns, etc.). It's pretty awesome. It also gets rid of the lag on phones like the D2 and the DX. I think it's a couple bucks to download so it's not free, but it's worth it.

ryan301.storm

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
There are two lock screen options that come stock on the Fascinate: the puzzle piece, and glass unlock. The glass unlock is basically a "slide to unlock," and of course you can find other lock screens in the market. Personally, I have No Lock which disables the lock screen altogether

thanks for the no lock advice i found it and i love it lol

NexusNole

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Anybody know of a numerical password lock app? I use the pattern lock right now but unless I clean my screen all the time you can see the pattern.

Stromson

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh man, the puzzle pieces are one of my favorite features! Oh well, to each their own. That's the beauty of Android: if you don't like it, change it. :)

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Numerical password lock will come with Froyo. I miss it ...

Anyone use menu unlock? I used it on my droid but I have not tried it on the Fascinate. It allows you to hit menu to bypass the lock screen. Pin or pattern lock would still apply though.

I have the .apk. What would happen if it is not compatible?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87