How-to/Steps to Customize for a newbie

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I think I've searched high and low in the forums but I can't figure it out.

I just got the fascinate and I am running the free version of Launcher Pro. I deleted all the widgets from the TW screen. And I have beautiful widgets.

1. How do I change the icons in the main dock (phone, contact, app, msging, browser). Do they have to stay the same? Can I change the way they look as well as what I want there? When I add things to the scrollable dock, they are colored but the main five are not. Also, when I touch the contact icon, it says it is unable to work. Is this normal?

2. Root: Should I root my phone and if so, how do I backup what I already have (Launcher Pro, Beautiful Widgets, and all the other apps)? What are the pros/cons to rooting?

Thanks!!! :D

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
i am able to change the shortcut but i can't change the icon.

when i press and hold say the phone icon, i get 3 choices: change shortcut, change icon, and swipe gesture action. touching "change icon" gives me 2 choices: launcherPro icons and custom icons. There isn't anything in either option.

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok i figured it out. The LauncherPro icons are gray and white right?
I thought that if I clicked on one of those, there would be more options in color.

Does anyone know how to put the + sign back where the icon was. I didn't want that icon there and now it's blank.

Thanks!

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
First, thank you for helping this newbie. =D
I haven't rooted yet. I still need to back-up everything I downloaded and I don't know how to do that yet.

So I found some icons online that I would like to use on my Fascinate.
Could I do this by just creating a folder on my miniSD and naming it Icons? Or do I have to have a specific app (Better Cut) to do this?

Thanks again!

jrkrace

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
IIRC, the icons on the dock can be changes to the icons on the phone above the dock by changing the shortcut. It took me awhile to figure out how to put the contacts and GMAIL icons on the bottom....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz