Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Default Fascinate + Verizon Network Ext = poor Email

Problem- In the house during the afternoons, unable to get my email even though I'm near the extender. Multiple calls to Verizon and my internet provider, COX. They can't track it down.

Called Verizon, spoke with Net extender dept. The supervisor advised that there is a known issue with the Android phones and getting the email and that Verizon is working on a fix. I'm also advised for the first time that the Samsung Verizon extender is primarily for the phone reception and not email as the extender I have, SCS-26UC4 basically helps the slower speeds because it lacks EVDO and only addresses the slower 1X speed.

There is a NEW Extender coming out that supports EVDO for data. No date was given.

PS- The lack of getting email under the extender when on the network stated above 'seems' to dissappear when I switch to the WiFi and pick up the signal from my Dual Band N Router.

Hope this info helps

Yes, the Verizon Network Extenders are 1X only.

I have a suspicion that e-mail delivery on our phones (maybe all Androids on VZW) is heavily dependant on Wifi/EVDO.

I've encountered individuals having this same problem that live in 1X only areas.

If you're at home, I would suggest using your Wifi over EVDO anyway.

[tapatalk on android]

Use wifi for data at home. I have an N router and get great data speeds on my fascinate. Wifi really doesn't hurt the battery much. I have wifi to always be on. Use wifi for data and the extender just for calls.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Yup . . .I agree with you on the WiFi and the results are better.