Getting the Fascinate Wednesday!

lolreconlol

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm joining the Android scene and I have a few questions. I'm coming from a BlackBerry Bold, so go easy on me! :)

1. Are there any things I should do right when I get the phone? (any apps to download, etc)
2. Will the Fascinate get 2.2?
3. What's the battery life like?

Thanks! :)

egg_head

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Welcome.

1. If it's your first Android, I would leave everything 100% stock and get used to the platform before you attempt any major modifications.
2. According to Verizon and Samsung, yes, it will eventually get 2.2. Don't hold your breath though. Updates can sometimes feel like they take forever to become official.
3. I've been pleased with battery life on my Fascinate. Having used the Incredible, Droid 1 and several Blackberries before Android, it fairs pretty well. At the end of the day with normal use, I'm usually at 40%-50% charge.

Enjoy!

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
1) (dont mean this as a smart A) look it up in these forums or any of the forums for the phone and you will find a ton of different opinions
2) Yes it will get 2.2 as early as the end of next month i believe i herd
3) I think battery life is fantastic, off charger from 6:30 till 11 and down to like 30-40% with heavy data/wifi/emailing all day at school

Very happy with phone you will be to

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
H1) check out the market and look at the featured apps. I prefer handcent for messaging.

2) froyo will is coming eventually.

3) battery life is not bad. Better than some but I'd expect if someone tweeked the rom it could get better.

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm joining the Android scene and I have a few questions. I'm coming from a BlackBerry Bold, so go easy on me! :)

1. Are there any things I should do right when I get the phone? (any apps to download, etc)
2. Will the Fascinate get 2.2?
3. What's the battery life like?

Thanks! :)

I just wanted to say welcome. This site is a great resource for information. Anything that you don't know, search for here, and you will find the answer.

1. Depends on what your wants/needs are. Podcasts, RSS, email app, etc. Hit up the "Must have" software threads. Lots of good info there.

2. Like the other guys mentioned, we will be getting 2.2, but don't expect it very soon. I have the feeling that Santa may bring it to us.
3. Battery life has been good for me. YMMV, depending how much you use it. I didn't put it down the first day I had it, and I was disappointed with battery life. But that is not normal use. The first day I used it the way I normally use a phone/pda, I was satisfied with it.

Enjoy your phone. You have come to the right place for answers!

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
01. Oh man, it really depends on what you like! My top 5 apps are Launcher Pro (that's a home replacement app so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to beginners- it's awesome though once you're comfortable with it), Pandora, Beautiful Widgets, Quick App Clean Cache, and Twicca (Twitter client). But check out the Applications section of the forum for the various threads where people discuss their favorite apps. I got a lot of ideas there! Appwant.com is also a good site to see what apps are popular.

02. This has been answered. I don't really want the 2.2 update bc it will disable an app that I really love (ShootMe).

03. Not bad if you make a few tweaks. If you don't use a Live Wallpaper, if you set your brightness low, etc. The majority of battery usage is the display so it's definitely important to keep it as low as you can stand. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke