1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default To skin or no skin

Now that the phone has been out awhile just wondering what people are doing.

Running around naked or skinning?

I switch back and forth myself between the high gloss Vzw skin and naked.

Sent from my Fascinate using Tapatalk

Right now I'm not using a case but I plan on buying one. I'm a little worried I'll drop it and break it.

I am naked right now but ordered the black hard case from android central store so looking foreward to giving that a try

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I look at it this way--this is a very nice looking phone. Why cover it up? If I drop it, a millimeter of rubber or plastic is not going to do much to save it. The screen is almost impossible to scratch, and I have insurance.

It has worked for me so far.

I decided to go with a simple rubber (not the gel rubber) case from the verizon store. This way if I accidentally drop the phone onto a hard/rough surface there's less of a chance of the case shattering. I do have my screen naked, but I think that's pretty safe.

i personally use the full body zagg i dont really like cases to much plus i love the way the phone looks so with the zagg its still clear but adds some protection when in my pocket

I want a case but just so I can carry it on my belt

My phone made words....

I use the shell/case and holster combo from Verizon like they have for the Incredible. It's a hard plastic rubber case that snaps on the phone and slides into the plastic rubber holster. Great setup.

ROM
    CM7 92611Ntly / CM 7.0.3

I got the purple hard cover from Verizon when I ordered mine... it's clear so you can see the phone, but it's already scratched up quite a bit, I'm not impressed. I ordered a decalgirl skin today, they look great and protect the phone somewhat, so we'll see how that works!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

never heard of a decal girl skin?? are they good?? and if so why?

ROM
    CM7 92611Ntly / CM 7.0.3

hey just figured out how to see my old posts on this site... ok so I'm not big on posting things to the net so don't have these forums mastered yet, but I love this site!

I just think they look cool, all sorts of options, they keep your phone from getting scratched up without adding bulk, although they don't protect the corners...

I found a clear gel type case that is very easy to take off and on to replace the battery, but still shows the decal.

i got a case with the phone for free, so sometimes i'll put it on (mainly if i'm going to the bar or something where i might be prone to dropping it or placing (inadvertently) it on something wet.)

otherwise i don't use one, as i don't like the added bulk and i have to take it off to dock it in the car or when i get home.

backplates are like $10 which seems cheap enough if i end up messing up the back bad enough (there's already some scratches, i wish someone would make a soft touch rubberized plastic back cover)

Dropped my phone for the first time today, but luckily it just bounced off the ground and landed on the back. The black Verizon case saved me.

I have thought of taking off my black graphic case from Verizon. I have thought that I'll just buy a new back. I've seen them online for around ten bucks.

just to let everyone know, verizon sells the battery door covers for 4.99 limit 3 per order and I think they still have free overnight shipping!! I got 3 a couple of weeks ago just in case lol.

I'm using a hard cover I found on amazon. It's light and hopefully will protect my phone.

I am also using the shell/holster combo from Verizon. I have had it pop loose once while getting into my truck and it fell roughly 4 feet onto asphalt, not a mark. I am looking forward, however, to something from Otterbox or Platinum Series. I know some wouldn't want the bulk, but coming from a Storm 2, the slim form of the Fascinate, while really nice, is a little unnerving.

Quote Originally Posted by nickf126 View Post
    I look at it this way--this is a very nice looking phone. Why cover it up? If I drop it, a millimeter of rubber or plastic is not going to do much to save it. The screen is almost impossible to scratch, and I have insurance.

I agree 100%. Why cover a phone up with something that looks incredibly tacky and ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by nickf126 View Post

I used to think that too, until I dropped my blackberry and scratched it up. now I always roll with a case on my phones, since I do tend to drop it every so often. I already dropped my phone once, and the case has definitely saved my fascinate from scratches and nicks.

I got the glossy case from verizon and I think it looks pretty good on the phone. when people see my phone, they don't think that there's a case on it.

It is a good looking phone. It looks even better in a burnt Orange case that blocks the Verizon logo at the top of the phone.

I use the rubber snap on case/holster combo from verizon... Best imo if you put the phone in your pocket like I do. It keeps the screen safe from all the stuff in my pockets that may scratch the screen.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I leave mine naked...phone is too awesome looking to cover it up

Waiting for Otterbox to come out with a case. What is taking soooo long?

Quote Originally Posted by wetduck View Post
    Waiting for Otterbox to come out with a case. What is taking soooo long?
    Last time I looked on their Facebook page, they reported that they were in the development phase for the case.
    Thanked by:

I put the zagg max skin on my phone a few days ago. The screen cover leaves something to be desired, i am pretty sure the verizon protector is better since its fully glossy whereas the zagg is orange-peel and a bit tacky. It makes getting the double-letter move in Swype a lot harder. The back cover is the BEST though. Not only does it make it easier for me to not literally drop the phone (coming from a BB i am used to not having to squeeze such a light and smooth-edged phone) but it sticks on hard plastic surfaces, like car gauge faceplates, really well.