1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default anyone else using display on brightest setting?

Just wondering if there are others out there who have their display on the brightest setting. I know it kills the battery but the display is so beautiful on its best setting. I use to be worried about quick the battery dies but with a car charger, laptop usb charger....i always should have some sort of juice.

No way not at all. The color cast seems to disappear at 100% but, it is way to bright for my likings. Beautiful display indeed at full brightness.

I myself am a hermit and find the 100% eye shattering.

Heck no! I keep the display on auto brightness because that is fine for me. I've turned it up to 100% and thought the phone does pop out at you. I just don't think I need it that bright all the time.

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

Only out in the sun...0% most of the time indoors. It hurts my eyes at anything more in a dark room.

nope i keep it all the way down, if i wanna watch something or if i wanna show it off i have a brightness toggle from beautiful widgets and another one from gphone managers list of widgets they both work differently and i'm trying to decide which one to keep permanently

the screen on absolute lowest setting still looks wonderful, just not bright.

K
    O
    f

I use that power control widget to toggle between brightness OFF/my default setting (about 33%)/full brightness. It usually stays at my default setting but in bright sun I might toggle it up. Usually full bright is too bright for me.

ROM
    Stock Deodexed Froyo

I've only used the highest setting when I was outside. I have it on Auto.
    My Smartphone Journey on Big Red:
    Motorola Droid --> Motorola Droid 2 --> Samsung Fascinate --> iPhone 4S --> Samsung Galaxy S4

No way dude. Way too bright!

I do! 100%, all day long..

lowest setting at home and at work.. highest in car.

But I usually have the browser brightness set pretty high as it helps with seeing pictures and stuff like that on a webpage.
    I'm FASCINATEd

For me.. I've got Tasker setup to set my Brightness to 100% and no screen time-out.. only when plugged into a power source (either AC or USB)... then, when I unplug, it goes back to the default Auto-Brightness with 1-minute timeout.

I do prefer the vivid/brightness of 100% .. but I also prefer for my phone to last as long as possible on battery when it is on battery... no reason to make it drain any faster than it has to.
    --- TripSixes

100% only outside in full sunlight. Most of the other times I kneep mine at 25% and for my tired eyes that's the perfect setting.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

Exclamation

100% here unless in the dark, then use power control widget
    to set it lower.
    I don't use auto brightness, auto taskers, killers, etc, because the processor usage kills
    more battery and causes problems instead of saving anything....
    Manual brightness, with a habit of
    hitting the screen off button before holstering works best for
    power consumption and screen image I have found.