Android_Secret_Code String Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emptycube

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
For those who think they don't have a problem with sidetone, try this. I was in my car on my way to work. I stopped and got a burger from BK. They have the paper wrappers. My wife calls me. (I know. Don't eat and talk and drive. Don't judge me.)

I put the burger to my mouth to take a bite and she says, "What is all that noise?" and it wasn't like I was crumpling it up or anything. It was so loud to her that she had to get off the phone.

Also tends to be super loud if there's any kind of breeze, like the A/C vent in your car pointed at your face while driving.

I hope they get this fixed. We love these phones.

Cuda
Some of these 'symptoms' (like this one) sound like a bad compression problem. Soft sounds get amplified and loud sounds get distorted.

There is a 'compression' setting in the LM filter in the *#28346# hidden menu...but I have no idea what a LM filter is (google says it's a cigarette :rolleyes:).

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
For those who think they don't have a problem with sidetone, try this. I was in my car on my way to work. I stopped and got a burger from BK. They have the paper wrappers. My wife calls me. (I know. Don't eat and talk and drive. Don't judge me.)

I put the burger to my mouth to take a bite and she says, "What is all that noise?" and it wasn't like I was crumpling it up or anything. It was so loud to her that she had to get off the phone.

Also tends to be super loud if there's any kind of breeze, like the A/C vent in your car pointed at your face while driving.

I hope they get this fixed. We love these phones.

Cuda

That's not Sidetone.... Sidetone is what YOU hear in the earpiece as you speak into the microphone.

What the other person hears is simply the sensitivity of the microphone on your side. I agree with emptycube that this could also be compression/vocoding in the phone or in the network.

I'll restate that for my specific Fascinate (I've seen no others in the wild yet), I hear no distracting sidetone in my earpiece when I talk. I would venture to say that mine is probably at the perfect level for my ear to not even notice that it's there, BUT, I do think it is there, because, I'd be able to detect pure-silence if it was disabled entirely.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
The AC in the car's sidetone and it sucks. I have to hold the phone funny in order to make a call on the road...or shut off the AC and roast.

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I am also having the annoying battery fully charged message, did the hidden menu trick, went to settings>applications>development and the green check is not there. So don't know what to do now.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
The AC in the car's sidetone and it sucks. I have to hold the phone funny in order to make a call on the road...or shut off the AC and roast.

Put the phone down an get a noise canceling blue tooth device.
It's probably the law where you live, and the life you save might be your own.

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

I've never had anyone on the other end report that my background noise is overly noisy... I've even made calls with the windows down while driving and no-one seems to notice.

It is very possible that there are Lemons out of the many Fascinates that have been built... If it's really this bad, then try getting VzW to replace the HW for you and see if the new one is any better.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Put the phone down an get a noise canceling blue tooth device.
It's probably the law where you live, and the life you save might be your own.
Buy me one and I'll consider it. Why you'd assume something and insinuate guilt to an anonymous poster on a forum is beyond me.

I've never had anyone on the other end report that my background noise is overly noisy... I've even made calls with the windows down while driving and no-one seems to notice.

It is very possible that there are Lemons out of the many Fascinates that have been built... If it's really this bad, then try getting VzW to replace the HW for you and see if the new one is any better.
I find that very hard to believe. I've never used a phone that didn't pick up noise from the AC if the mics directly in the line of fire. It's not a lemon, it's a problem w/ the phone. I've seen 7 of them total and they all do it.

louie77

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I've tried entering test mode and then entering the codes, but all I get is a pop up "rejected". Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? This is a rooted captivate.

Thanks,
Paul

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I've tried entering test mode and then entering the codes, but all I get is a pop up "rejected". Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? This is a rooted captivate.

Thanks,
Paul

These codes are specific to the Fascinate. The Captivate requires different codes.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
NoLED with puzzle lock disabled

I used these codes to change several settings - worked great! But as one prior post mentioned now that the puzzle lock is gone, NoLED doesn't work :-( I loved NoLED, any chance that will change? I looked on the NoLED threads, but there are so many, thought I'd ck here first before I try to read through them all...

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Go into the Dialer and enter *#22745927
A box will come up asking for the SPC code. Enter 000000
Press the Hiddenmenu Enable radio button.

The dialing code string you have to use is *##

Here are some things you can gain access to

Full Bat Popup

*#3844228#
This allows you to disable the full battery pop-up.
I have tested this and it works successfully.

Shutdown
*#7594#
This enables you to shut your phone off by long-pressing the power/lock key.
No more pop-up confirmation.
I have tested this and it works successfully.
I've also discovered by doing this, it will disable the puzzle/glass unlock screen.
Personally, having to push a button and slide the screen is redundant.
I like the one-step process.

Going to try these two things. I have WidgetLocker though so I hope by doing the shutdown it doesn't disable my app. Does anyone know?

domush

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
No longer get 1x data :(

I was playing around with this and, beyond changing the GPS settings and the navigation volume, I didn't change anything, just browsing.

Well, my phone rebooted a few times while in the ##DATA# section, even though nothing changed (that I am aware of), and now my phone no longer has 1X data, so my data goes away unless I have 3G.

Does anyone know what I may have changed that broke this? I haven't touched any settings in the main phone, as it happened while I was looking around in the secret menus.

bill15872

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to make the speaker (not the ear piece) louder. I have access to the Audio tuning screen but I don't know what values I should enter.

azz-ali

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Still Nothing....

Ok, so I checked and you DO need testmode enabled to enter these menus.
I already had test mode enabled which is why I was able to get into them.
To enable test mode, do this:

Go into the Dialer and enter *#83786633 then press the Home key
Go back into the phone dialer and enter *#22745927
Now a box will come up asking for the SPC code. Enter 000000

Now you can use these codes.

===================

:( I tried the steps you indicated earlier (i.e., test mode...then the other string), and nothing.....is there a step missing? After you enter the *#22745927 code, do I hit the home key or the answer key...what?

Michaelg2183

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Running jt clean rom I can access the menu and change settings. However when I go back to home screen and back to menu the settings are set back to stock. Any help will be appreciated

Sandoz25

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if the people unable to enter the hidden menus are not on Verizon...

===================

:( I tried the steps you indicated earlier (i.e., test mode...then the other string), and nothing.....is there a step missing? After you enter the *#22745927 code, do I hit the home key or the answer key...what?

I have the fascinate but live in Canada. My fascinate is from TELUS. I have followed the steps and they also do nothing.

Are you on Verizon or with a carrier in another country? My guess is that all of the people that are unable to enter the hidden menus using this method are either on a Canadian network, or some other country.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
===================

Just like the OP said...
Open the dialer and enter *#83786633, then press the Home key
Go back into the dialer, clear the first entry and enter *#22745927
Now a box will come up asking for the SPC code. Enter 000000

vetteman30

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I have successfully been able to access the Hidden Menus and activated the Shutdown code so I know I have it working. But the Full Battery Popup disable will not take. I have it checked, exit and re-enter the menu and it is still checked but the full battery popup keeps appearing when fully charged.

Any ideas? I am running DJ05 but had the same issue when running the stock ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2