Android_Secret_Code String Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vermeire

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
It looks like there's some files in /etc/audio that match up with some of the settings we see in the hidden menus. Maybe they can be tweaked.

This worked for me. I edited the situation.txt file with Root Explorer's text editor and was able to turn my boot sounds off. I'm on DL09 from Adrynalyn's Odin package running one of his new kernels and had been unable to get changes to save. Great find Cory!

huviduc

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyway we could get a copy of the files corrected so we can copy and paste, there for making it less likely to make mistakes? I would like to fix the navigation sound for all situations. Could someone maybe make a zip that we could flash with clockwork/ROM manager to back up old files and put the new ones in place?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Anyway we could get a copy of the files corrected so we can copy and paste, there for making it less likely to make mistakes? I would like to fix the navigation sound for all situations. Could someone maybe make a zip that we could flash with clockwork/ROM manager to back up old files and put the new ones in place?

It would have been nice if he'd posted them. I'll see if I can use my magical powers to get a hold of him.

Do we know if these still work for DL30 Froyo? Would there be any reason to think that they wouldn't?

I was able to use the code to enable hidden menus, but nothing seems to work. For example, I entered the code for the battery pop up one and nothing happened after that.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Most of these only worked with DI01. You can get into the menus, but your changes won't save. On DJ05/DL09, flashing a DI01 kernel, making the changes, then going back to the appropriate kernel would work. This isn't the case yet with DL30 though. If you install a mismatch kernel, from my experience, you get stuck in a boot loop.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a question.... I want to do the Shutdown one but on DL30 the only way I can figure out how to get into Airplane mode is via the power button. So if I disable it there is no way to get into Airplane mode. Does anyone else know of a way to do this?

And yes I know I can always do the code again and turn off this functionality but realistically I am not carrying around the code.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a question.... I want to do the Shutdown one but on DL30 the only way I can figure out how to get into Airplane mode is via the power button. So if I disable it there is no way to get into Airplane mode. Does anyone else know of a way to do this?

And yes I know I can always do the code again and turn off this functionality but realistically I am not carrying around the code.

A: you could get an airplane mode widget, beautiful widgets has one.

B: it's under settings, wireless networks if I remember correctly.

C: you have toggles for all of your wireless arrays in the pull down. Switch all off and you have airplane mode (pretty much, not "actual" airplane mode.)

Last edited:
Reactions: sushiguy732

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
The only one of these codes I use right after an update is the shutdown *#7594# because I hate the puzzle luck, it still works :)

I wouldn't mind disabling the full battery pop-up tho.

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
A: you could get an airplane mode widget, beautiful widgets has one.

B: it's under settings, wireless networks if I remember correctly.

C: you have toggles for all of your wireless arrays in the pull down. Switch all off and you have airplane mode.

Thanks SheepDog! I'll give it a shot.

bottlerocket

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
When I first got the phone I disabled them in the Audio Tuning menu. Now when I start up the phone the startup sound starts to play then cuts off really quick. I'd rather have it play than the abrupt cutoff.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When I first got the phone I disabled them in the Audio Tuning menu. Now when I start up the phone the startup sound starts to play then cuts off really quick. I'd rather have it play than the abrupt cutoff.

i dont know if it will work after changing hidden string, but would you like to flash one of my froyo packages , this may fix your problem, root you and give you froyo. are you instrested?

edtcog

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hell yes!
After a few hours trying to uncover the dialing code string for the Fascinate, I finally figured it out!
I've dug into *almost* all the AndroidManifest.xmls to compose a list of hidden menus you can gain access to.

I shouldn't have to say it, but I will..
I'm not responsible if you brick your phone.
Play with these things at your own risk.
Even if I said it's been tested by me and confirmed to work.
It's not my fault if your phone takes a crap on you.
Make a backup of your phone.

I will be doing some more testing and will uncover more hidden menus, but this is what I have for now..

Some members were unable to enter these menus and I discovered that you need to enable 'Hiddenmenu' to do so.
To enable this menu, do this:

Go into the Dialer and enter *#22745927
A box will come up asking for the SPC code. Enter 000000
Press the Hiddenmenu Enable radio button.

The dialing code string you have to use is *##

Here are some things you can gain access to

Audio Tuning
*#28346#
Several audio tuning menus.
I've only tested the two items below:

To silence boot and shutdown audio go to Situation/BOOTSOUND and turn the values to 0. I've tested and confirmed this works.

To silence the volume key audio when turning the volume up/down go to Situation/VOLUMEKEY and turn the values to 0. I've tested and confirmed this works.

Full Bat Popup

*#3844228#
This allows you to disable the full battery pop-up.
I have tested this and it works successfully.

HwCodec
*#0002*28346#
Audio path volume controls. Most importantly, it looks like there's a sidetone adjustment.
I have not tested any of these items yet.

Shutdown
*#7594#
This enables you to shut your phone off by long-pressing the power/lock key.
No more pop-up confirmation.
I have tested this and it works successfully.
I've also discovered by doing this, it will disable the puzzle/glass unlock screen.
Personally, having to push a button and slide the screen is redundant.
I like the one-step process.

Diag/Testing Mode
*#4636*1111#
I have done all the directions as you stated and it appears to have worked(I got into all the hidden menus and it allowed me to adjust them). For example situation/volumekey allows me to hit okay after i change them to 0 and then it backs me out to the situation menu where at the bottom it says save. The save button does not take me anywhere. Then I press home and go to adjust the volume and it still makes a beeping noise. I go back and check the values and they are still at 0. But if I restart my phone the values go back to default. This is true of most of the things I try to adjust. They adjust but then do not stick or make any changes that they are supposed to. Can you help me? -Edtcog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000