Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Free Fascinate (and others) day

So that best buy promo is true and without any catches. I have the Incredible but my mother just now upgraded to the Fascinate. $0. very awesome.
    "Who Dares Wins"
    HTC Incredible... Since 30 April 2010

Default hit a snag

The only problem for me when I went to get one was that BB doesn't do business accounts. Was the first one there and had to walk out empty handed.

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    ROM
    GNex: CM10. N7: stock

Yeah, they wouldn't do it for my annual upgrade either. Really disappointing.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    TSMPoolParty V1.4.1

I took advantage of the free phone Friday and got my Samsung fascinate. Verizon actually let me upgrade 3 weeks early so I can take advantage of Best Buys deal! Was really surprised. Went in with a BB Storm1 and left with a new phone. Didnt have to pay taxes on it either... $0!!!

Yep - got mine Friday morning. 100% free, took about 20 minutes. My first smartphone and I love it. Rooted and made a bunch of changes.

Thanks to AndroidCentral!

Got my wife one for free on friday as well, of course now she has decided my incredible has alot more features that she likes....so looks like I'm getting the facinate and she gets the incredible....oh well, its all android...so now we just need custom roms for the samsung.
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

I found out about this yesterday. I want a Fascinate and I missed it. However. I googled my tail off and read in a lot of place where it might be offered again on the 8th because there were so many of them. I also contacted best buy.

I know its not 100% but it gives me hope.
    Thanked by:

Im thinking i may be in BB on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Comineeyeaha View Post
    Yeah, they wouldn't do it for my annual upgrade either. Really disappointing.
    They let me do it for my annual upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidDev View Post
    I found out about this yesterday. I want a Fascinate and I missed it. However. I googled my tail off and read in a lot of place where it might be offered again on the 8th because there were so many of them. I also contacted best buy.

I wouldn't hold your breath.. they're supposed to be giving away different high end phones on each friday.. It'll probably be a Droid class phone or a Blackberry, its not set on Android devices. Also.. they will not replace your phone with a different model anymore, it was the policy during/before the Blackberry Storm1 that given the circumstances they'd put you in a different device after so many replacements. They just won't do that anymore. Which I think is stupid.. since I went through so many Storms/Tours for all different sorts of reasons, but it sure left a bitter taste in my mouth with RIM.
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Yeah I found that out the hard way. I went in today and they said that they would be glad to put me into a Droid 1 to get me out me the eris. I told them if I dont get a phone through the BB FPF then I will go ahead and trade out models.

Or I can also send my Eris in and get $132 VZW gift card then just buy a phone out right to get away from my Eris.

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

Wow...I have been interested in the Fascinate and could have gotten one free last Friday...I am bummed. When will they announce the free phone for this Friday?

Thursday...go to BestBuyMobile page on facebook they will announce it there and on the BestBuy page also

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

This would be great news for those of us that missed this deal. I think with the negative reviews concerning Bing combined with Verizon launching this after the Galaxy S hype had died down a bit and the DroidX and Incredible still being in high demand...they may have ended up with more inventory than expected. Finally - there is no better way to get some positive press about these phones out on the street than to get the phones out on the Street. I have seen several Galaxy S phones in person and they are much more impressive than the DroidX due to their amazing screen and near perfect 4" size. I think the iPhone4 loving press was more negative about these phones than they deserved due to their Apple bias.

All that said...I really hope Best Buy offers the Fascinate again this week...even if it is a slim chance. If they do - I will be there to grab one in person!!!
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

You and me both Tater, you and me both.

ROM
    Comm Rom 1.2

The BB Mobile rep and the store near where I live told me they might be offering the Fascinate on the 8th as well but wasn't sure, so I think they might know a little more then they what us to believe.
    Moto Razr -> LG Glimmer -> Samsung Fascinate!

If you aren't Voodoo you are doo doo!
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Me too! I talked to one today in the store and he said no but then again I asked him some other questions and determined he was a ninny and didnt know what he was talking about...

Seriously, after he was done talking I stared at him rather blankly and thought to myself....

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

Got the wife one last Friday, no problems at all!

Bmidd using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. K_Xen View Post
    The BB Mobile rep and the store near where I live told me they might be offering the Fascinate on the 8th as well but wasn't sure, so I think they might know a little more then they what us to believe.
    Oh, that would be great news.

Is it correct that they will post what the "Free Phone for Friday" will be tomorrow ?? If its a fascinate Im in..
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Yes that is correct. Check their facebook page or their .

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

Probably wont be the Fascinate again...but worth a try. We can hope.

I'm hopeful....but i just got my "NE2" updated and available to me through a rep from Verizon on the phone !!! So if I cant get it free, it will be ordered Saturday

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

you mean you can get the fascinate for free with your NE2?
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Yes you can get it for free with NE2, Adding new lines, new contracts, annual upgrade.

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

She says wait until Thursday to find out what phone is slated for tomorrow...but I can't find anything anywhere. Anyone on here know?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast