BB to SF - Help Needed!

Checkingout

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
OK?I have about a week remaining to decide whether or not to keep the Fascinate. For reference, my prior phone was an old BB curve. Below are some issues that I don?t know if are android or SF related problems I would like help trying to resolve.

POP email ? sometimes works and sometimes doesn?t ? very random. I don?t have or use any Task Killers or special email programs and cannot figure out any pattern. For instance, I will try to re-start and then sometimes email will be received, or not. I have changed sync frequency etc?.again sometimes it will work other times ? no go. BTW?Gmail seems to work pretty good?.but need to use my business POP account (so returned emails have biz address.)

MESSAGING ? If I receive a message I cannot seem to forward it via regular email?best I could do was email through VZWPIX.COM. I don?t like to pay for messaging everything, especially since I am already paying for data!

CALENDAR - Have saved my MSOutlook 2003 calendar to pst file uploaded to gmail/google and was able to get appointments UL?d to phone. Problem is data redundancy using this ?manual? method. Is there any way that I can just use an old fashioned USB cable and simply sync phone to Outlook ? not exchange server BTW?
?.I don?t mind trying new things, but having to resave outlook?upload to Google?download to phone etc?just to add/edit an appointment is sickly. Hopefully, I am just thinking this process wrong.

CONTACTS ? Similar to above. When I uploaded a my outlook file to Google and then resent back to phone some contacts have emails, phones others do not? I have A LOT of contacts and this is causing some problems, when out and about. Id anyone else having issues, not getting all the contact info into phone?

INTERNET ? Often if I am looking at the internet (usually the same old pages ? email accounts like Hotmail and Facebook etc.) everything is working fantastic?but after a couple of refreshes?the pages won?t reload? Just gives a blank page. When I go into task manager and manually close the WEB ?then everything works fine for awhile?.then it will repeat above behavior. Is this some sort of cache problem, or just how these things work? BTW?I use the Stick Browser that came with phone and both WIFI and 3G ? depending on where I am?.Doh!!!

BLUTOOTH ? Cannot seem to make voice commands work through my BT earpiece?have to use the phone speaker? Is this just me? User error and all that ?HA!

GPS ? I know this has been talked about?but Darn?the voice directions are low in volume! Plus cannot seem to get them to work through my BT earpiece.

These are the main problems that I have been unable to resolve with this otherwise VERY, very sweet phone! Unfortunately, these things are kinda deal breakers for me?so any help is really appreciated?since I do not want to go back to BB yikes! Thanks Folks!!!

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Someone with experience with your phone will need to help you with a lot of this, but for BT since you don't have 2.2 yet you can't use voice commands. Use Vlingo, works well and you can use voice commands with it.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
It uses the built in Nuance voice control. While it DOES work, I have noticed a very significant delay between when I push the button on my bluetooth and when the Nuance is actually ready to receive my voice command. I'm not sure why every time I use it "new" it takes so long. I think it is loading the address book.

I'm using the HS-500 (RIM).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad