Don't see any difference in email vs BB

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, had been with blackberry for several years now and just switched to the fascinate just to see what all the fuss was with the email. I don't see any difference at all. Did some shopping last night and emails came through in a matter of seconds. So, so much for push email and BB. I see no difference honestly.

SeatownGST

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
the main difference is the BB can do POP out of the box. the fascinate required a gmail account, to then get to the market, to then download an app that could get POP mail... :p

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
the main difference is the BB can do POP out of the box. the fascinate required a gmail account, to then get to the market, to then download an app that could get POP mail... :p

BFHD! So it took what? Maybe a minute to download K-9 Mail from appbrain and about a minute to set up my pop account with it. Helluva lot easier than it was to set up email account on windows mobile 6. I thought is was no trouble at all and am very pleased with the results.

hanathan

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Happily switched from BB as well. To be fair, the Blackberry platform also includes some security features that are important to enterprises with proprietary information. However, these features only work on BB Enterprise Server, which leaves everything under the control of your administrator. I used BIS to retrieve mail, so these security features were generally of little demonstrable value to me (as well as most consumers, I'd reckon).

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

HUFN8OR

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Biggest problem I had with the stock email app on the Fascinate was Exchange Folders. I use folders to organize a lot of my business related emails, and with no way of moving messages to folders on the stock email app, I had to mark them all as unread, and then move them when I got back to my desktop. That's the MAIN reason for me switching to Touchdown for Exchange. That and the fact that all of my calendar events were in an unreadable purple on black background in the stock calendar app. Touchdown solves both of those issues.