Question about calendar invites

Brandermill533

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
While searching for a solution for my question I found many answers that were specific for gmail, but not necessarily the native email program. When a person sends me a calendar invite, it shows up as an attachment that gives me the option of opening/saving in k9 mail or just saving in the native email app. If I choose save, it will go to my sd card as null with an ics extension (null.ics) from the k9 email or unknown with an ics extension (unknown.ics) in the native app. While I was trying to figure how I could get these calendar invites to save to my native calendar app, I opened the think free application to look at the files on my sd card. While there, I long pressed the null file and was given several options (delete, move, rename, etc.). I chose rename which pulled up a box with null pre-filled in it (or unknown depending on which file I chose) and placed a .vcs at the end of the file name and clicked ok. I got a warning that the change would alter the file, and I proceeded. When it took me back to the list of files on my sd card through think free, the calendar icon was next to the file name and when I clicked on it I could then choose to add the calendar event to my calendar.

Now for the question: Is there an easier way to convert .ics files to .vcs files on the phone?

Brandermill533

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Has this worked for anyone else? (for those using the fascinate's native calendar app with the native email app). Are there any apps or programs out there that can make this process easier? I have read about ics bot, but I am not sure how it actually works. Is there any hope that the calendar app will be able to recognize invites/items with an .ics extension with some type of update? I see that there is a case number for this issue with google.

Thanks

fatguy22

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Just made the change from iPhone (looks like a brick and acted like one after an OS upgrade a few months ago)... Enjoying the Infuse, but was a bit surprised by this issue... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692