Anybody else freezing up?

ocgreenmachine

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with lag/freezing? I've had my fascinate two weeks now and it seems like it is beginning to freeze up and need a reboot once or twice a day. I play Skies of Glory on my phone and it has begun force closing the program. The sound effects get stuck in a loop in the background and the only way to get rid of the sound is to shut the phone off and reboot. Also, various other programs are force closing when I attempt to use them... Help, anybody?

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am seeing a little but it is most noticeable when finger scrolling on emails or web pages. I see some major lag opening yahoo mail on the native imap sync. It comes and goes though.

ocgreenmachine

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I've also noticed that when switching from portrait to landscape mode, my home screen displays incorrectly. I am running launcher pro plus with widgets.

Tari

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Going from portrait to landscape with 5 rows displays incorrectly, but I didn't have any issue with the default 4 row setup when swapping between the two views.

That said, I've had it locked to portrait only for a while, now, so perhaps something changed.

douggyfern

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that my screen used to turn black and nothing was visible but the top status bar. I do not know if this is what you are speaking of though.

What kind of worked for me was finding a task killer that seems to know how to recognize the system apps on a Fascinate. The Samsung operating system MIGHT be MUCH different from any other phone in the programs it actually uses and for what. Like the whatever-viewer and an app called "daily briefing" that appears it might control a lot of tasks such as the Calendar and even the Clock/Alarm Clock settings.

After I downloaded Rhythm Task Manager and set it to ignore Daily Briefing, Phone, Messaging, Browser, Clock, Calendar so on and so forth, my Fascinate doesn't usually freeze much anymore because it's the only "Task Killer" I have found that MIGHT POSSIBLY know how to ignore the "built in" system apps that need to continually run on the Fascinate. There might be other "Task Killers" that work, but I wouldn't know, because the Rhythm Task Manager is only the 3rd or 4th one I tried where it seems to be one that might know how to work with the Fascinate - or I haven't had any issues with it as of yet in my experience but it is a "downloadable addon" app so download at your own risk.

Download anything at your own risk.

Also it seems that the Fascinate might be constructed with a BUNCH oh built in "safety whatever battery something saving features" to prolong battery life and prevent the phone from overheating. Like with the 3G network and the little "D" in the box. I can only assume that means disabled when the phone is not in use for internet purposes.

If I am running a bunch of Apps and the phone "freezes", if I shut the phone completely off and hook it to the charger, there will sometimes be a little yellow "warning signal" over the green charging battery with a "thermometer" next to it - I assume this means the battery and/or processor-phone were getting too hot.

I went into the Android Market and did a search for "Battery Status Bar" and there is one app made by Modded Logic (I think) that shows the exact percentage left of battery life in the status bar, but, can also be set up to show the phones "temperature".

Download any of this stuff at your own risk.

Last edited:

drebeesie

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Returning Fascinate to Verizon after 46 days for too many problems

When switching to Verizon from an iPhone and ATT I decided that the fascinate would be the closest thing to an iPhone. However I have had nothing but problems. The phone freezes up constantly where I must remove the battery, it freezes up when I get calls sometimes where it will not allow me to answer the phone, it freezes up when I am trying to hang up the phone and than will hang on the call screen after the person has hung up and I can hear hissing in the earpiece like its connected still to the network. My phone has called people 3 way numerous times and it always goes on mute and than the people on the other end hang up before I can fix the problem.

I HATE THIS PHONE.

I have tried rooting it and applying lag fix it did nothing, I became paranoid about what apps I could install in fear it would lock up the phone if it used too much ram.

I am switching to a DROID X and I really hope this resolves some of my problems.

:mad: :( :confused:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Anyone using a task manager or killer? If so, try NOT using one.

BTW that lag fix is more trouble that its worth. No offense toward anyone, but I wish people would stop installing that.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site

BTW that lag fix is more trouble that its worth. No offense toward anyone, but I wish people would stop installing that.

Bingo on both. As far as I'm concerned Task Killers cause 90% of all problems on ALL phones. And don't even get me started on that lagfix...

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
When switching to Verizon from an iPhone and ATT I decided that the fascinate would be the closest thing to an iPhone. However I have had nothing but problems. The phone freezes up constantly where I must remove the battery, it freezes up when I get calls sometimes where it will not allow me to answer the phone, it freezes up when I am trying to hang up the phone and than will hang on the call screen after the person has hung up and I can hear hissing in the earpiece like its connected still to the network. My phone has called people 3 way numerous times and it always goes on mute and than the people on the other end hang up before I can fix the problem.

I HATE THIS PHONE.

I have tried rooting it and applying lag fix it did nothing, I became paranoid about what apps I could install in fear it would lock up the phone if it used too much ram.

I am switching to a DROID X and I really hope this resolves some of my problems.

:mad: :( :confused:

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the Fascinate. I know this won't make you feel any better but your problems are rare. I don't believe very many people are experiencing what you are experiencing. You must have wound up with a lemon. I think you will find on this forum as well as many others that people absolutely love this phone! I know I do. In fact, out of all the smart phones I've owned or played with, this is my favorite!

Best of luck to you.

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site

I also agree (strongly) on both accounts. I am a "survivor" of both. Each are more trouble than what they are worth!!!!!

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The iphone sets a pretty high standard as a simple out-of-the-box package, I'm not surprised people get disappointed. My fascinate is great and I wouldn't swap for an iphone, but it took some work.

LuvlyMilah

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone this device was the next logical step. I do have a few issues especially when there are times I can't hang up on a caller. I would have to tap the notification bar and end the call from there.

And I do notice the phone lagging a bit but its nothing different than when my iPhone used to freeze on me. No device is perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue with the phone locking up when i try to answer a phone call or hang up a call. It is very frustrating and embarrassing having to call people back and tell them your phone was locked up. I am not using a task killer.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I am having the same issue with the phone locking up when i try to answer a phone call or hang up a call. It is very frustrating and embarrassing having to call people back and tell them your phone was locked up. I am not using a task killer.

Me, too.

I also don't have the lag fix.

I've wondered if no led could be causing the issue.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I've had it lock up on me twice in the last half hour. I assumed it was a rogue app.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been going through the exact same thing in the past few days -- unable to hang up after phone call, lags, freezes, etc.

This is new behavior for my phone, which has run fine unrooted since early October.

I'm not running a task manager. I feel like something has changed on this phone that I'm not aware of. Can't think of any software updates that should have caused this, but you never know...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney