Tether Speed with PDANet

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I've recently upgrades from the Samsung Omnia to the Fascinate and while I love the Fascinate, the tether speeds have been less than impressive. With the Omnia running PDANet on a USB Tether via activesync I would routinely approach 2Mbps d/l. On the Fascinate I am pretty stable at .4Mbps. (although I've peaked my u/l speed at 1Mbps).

Is this an issue with the phone's antenna capabilities, android in general, or just my dumb luck?

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I will try this evening when I get home and let you know what I am getting. I cannot have cellphones in the lab where I work. DoD would revoke my security clearance.

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
well, it definitely is an issue with the phone hw. Finally figured out there is a speedtest app in the market (the web-based version doesn't work for some reason) and got the same speeds on the phone as i do when tethered.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I tested in earlier and I was getting good speeds. I only had two bars of 3G as well.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Interestingly enough I did a hard reset of the phone today, re-rooted, installed voodoo 0.2 and am getting 1.5mbps d/l speeds now, which is acceptable to me. not sure which step actually fixed my problem, but I'm betting on the reset, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa