Verizon Desktop Dock and Desk Cradle app

Ivisi

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the Verizon Desktop Dock, and have noticed that the default Desk Cradle application no longer starts up when I plug the phone into it. I have to launch the app manually from the App tray. Any ideas why the phone may not be launching it automatically?

The phone has been updated to the latest OTA update. It has also been rooted, de-Bing'd, partially debloated, and has the Voodoo 1Ghz lagfix kernel applied. I've also replaced the boot animation with one of my own.

Alternately, if someone can suggest a suitable replacement for the default app, I'm open to change. :p

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The phone has been updated to the latest OTA update. It has also been rooted, de-Bing'd, partially debloated, and has the Voodoo 1Ghz lagfix kernel applied. I've also replaced the boot animation with one of my own.

After modifying the crap out of the software, are you really surprised it doesn't work as it should? :)

Like the guy/gal above me said...just press the home button when it's in the dock. Mine has always been like that and I've done nothing to my phone except add Launcher Pro. Pretty sure that's what messed with the auto-launch.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Works fine when TouchWiz is the default launcher. But when I use LauncherPro I have to manually start it.

Ivisi

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
After modifying the crap out of the software, are you really surprised it doesn't work as it should? :)

Like the guy/gal above me said...just press the home button when it's in the dock. Mine has always been like that and I've done nothing to my phone except add Launcher Pro. Pretty sure that's what messed with the auto-launch.

Not "surprised", per se, just wondering if it was something I could "turn back on" after making said modifications. It didn't even dawn on me that that would be a Launcher function, although in hindsight it is pretty obvious now.

And yes, thanks everyone, the Home button does the trick. THAT, I can live with.