infamouspally

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
ok so i was wondering if i could put my phone on vibrate but make it ring for one person (example: vibrate for everyone else then ring for my boss) any help on this would be great
additional info
Rooted=yes :)

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
ok so i was wondering if i could put my phone on vibrate but make it ring for one person (example: vibrate for everyone else then ring for my boss) any help on this would be great
additional info
Rooted=yes :)

Tasker would definitely work for this. It's a pay-for app in the Marketplace, but is WELL worth the money.
you could set your phone to Vibrate.
Then, within Tasker, have it look for phone calls from your Boss, and when it sees that number, play a specific music file..
(now, you'd probably have to specify some IF statements that prevent the Tasker Tone from playing when the phone is not in Vibrate mode.)

It may be tricky, but i'm confident that Tasker would be able to handle this for you. (as well as many other functions you haven't thought of yet).

- Auto GPS Enable when your phone connects to Bluetooth within your Vehicle
- Auto WIFI Enable when you drive within a 1 mile radius of your house.
- Auto Silent Mode when you put the phone into your Dock at work.
- Auto Screen brightness when you launch an app that you always want to have the screen on.
- Auto Reply to SMS messages when you're in your vehicle (must have some trigger to tell the phone you're in your vehicle, such as connected Bluetooth).
and more, and more, and more...

Reactions: infamouspally

infamouspally

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
ok cool thanks gonna have to check that out do u know of a app that will make it when i turn my bluetooth on it auto connects to my bt headset cause atm it sucks having to turn bluetooth on then go into settings to connect to it lol

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
ok cool thanks gonna have to check that out do u know of a app that will make it when i turn my bluetooth on it auto connects to my bt headset cause atm it sucks having to turn bluetooth on then go into settings to connect to it lol

I do see that Tasker can "monitor" the Bluetooth state, and detect if it is ON. However, I don't currently see a method for telling Tasker to "connect now to Device XXXX".

I'm actually confused as to why you would have to manually connect. Maybe the phone is just being slow about it? Have you let it sit there for a bit of time to see if it eventually auto-connects to that device?

I leave my Bluetooth on all the time. And everytime I get within range of my vehicle, it automatically connects to it. Since I leave it on all the time though, I'm not sure how long it would take to connect after Bluetooth had been disabled..