Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Media Card Scan

Is there a way to have the media card scan run without rebooting the phone?

Check the market, there's a few that do that. SD Rescan, or media rescan, something like that.
    Superstar Status

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

You can do it unmounting it and removing it. Then putting it back in. I dont think you can remount it without taking the card out. You can try though. B-Slices advice works too.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

rescan media is exactly what I was looking for, thanks
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

While we're on the topic does anyone know why it does it so many blooming times after a power up? None of my Droids have done this.
    Superstar Status

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

i second that....
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

What's funny is that the last update specifically called that out as something that was fixed, but I saw no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    While we're on the topic does anyone know why it does it so many blooming times after a power up? None of my Droids have done this.
    I second this. It gets annoying to have a laggy phone for the first few seconds because it scans and rescans.

what's odd (for me at least) is that it's not consistently scanning more than once after boot, just sometimes

I've noticed that it rescans for media every time I touch a "media" file within Astro File Manager..

Ie: just go into Astro, go to SDCard, find a ringtone/mp3/something... and just do a "rename" on it (don't even have to rename the file), then accept the change (even if you didn't change anything)....

I can consistently cause mine to rescan every time I do this procedure.
    --- TripSixes