Stupidly Deleted System Apps. *ROOT*

geoandroiddaddy

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Today I rooted my Samsung Fascinate. I love the control I get.

I purchased the "system app uninstaller". I immediately began deleting apps (bloatware) being careful not to delete things I didnt recognize or may be needed by the phone. I even looked at an online reference.

so,....

I messed up and deleted the stock video player, "sucks, but I can get one from the android market".... or so i thought.

I went to the market and to my surprise no app wants to download!! I didnt uninstall anything that had to do with downloading or the market.

calls, sms, mms, browser, youtube & navigation work fine. The Market is responsive my only problem is, I CANNOT (download) install new apps. It says "your application will be downloaded" then it does NOTHING What do I do?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
try going to settings, applications, manage applications, force stop the market app, then clear it's cache and data and see if that helps

there was also a system dump of the fascinate on here somewhere, provided you're not deodexed you can download that and get any apk's of apps your missing.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if you flash the factory image with odin it will, but i don't think a factory reset can restore deleted apps as they aren't stored anywhere else.

that's why we make nandroid backups before doing anything! :p

if you want to start over you can use this backup:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/fascinate-roms-hacks/38029-how-escape-force-close-loop-hell.html

in the first post at step 16 there is a link to a factory fresh nandroid

follow the instructions from steps 16 to the end and you will be back at square 1. :)

you don't have to take the sd card out though, you can mount it via the phone the way you normally would and do the same thing if you want since your system is functioning.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon