Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Clean Screen

Just wondering how everyone cleans the screen on their Fascinate, with or without a screen protector. I normally take a damp towel and wipe the entire phone every morning. That gets rid of the fingerprints and whatever finger/face grease may be on it. I don't use a screen protector or case.

I don't...

Is that gross?

The fingerprints / streaks don't bother me.. I don't use a lock pattern, so I'm not too concerned about a "smudge attack".

Shirt sleeve.... for random "get those prints off" ...

I do have a microfiber cloth and cleaning solution as well.. but, only do this once per week, or whenever i feel like it..

currently no screen protector either.. I've been looking at sgpstore.com .. but, they don't have Fascinate screen protectors yet. I'd really like to try one of the Ultra Crystal or the Ultra Oleophobic screens. Other forums report that the Ultra Crystal is about as close as you're going to get to the same feel as the glass on the phone... (which, I'd prefer.. don't want my finger getting stuck on a tacky surface).
    --- TripSixes

Quote Originally Posted by namebrandon View Post
    I don't...

Is that gross?

The fingerprints / streaks don't bother me.. I don't use a lock pattern, so I'm not too concerned about a "smudge attack".
    yes it is gross!

for me the smudges just make the screen look bad, so I wipe it off with my shirt or something every so often

Just a little warning....Do Not use paper towels, etc. A cotton/MF cloth with a dab o' water will work wonders and not scratch your pretty screens.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    2,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I only user paper towels if they are wet, like when I'm done drying my hands. Throughout the day I'll use the top of my pants too.
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

I use my shirt. Its always there and its usually clean. Usually....

Sent from my HTC Merge Using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DroidDev; 10-18-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Lol, same.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

i use sandpaper. because i'm a man and that's all i wipe things with.
    Thanked by:

I use a a cloth like the kind for sunglasses, works great

I have a screen protector so I just do a quick wipe across my shirt if it needs it. If I really want to clean it i guess I would use a microfiber cloth or something like that.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Adiliyo View Post
    All things? ? .. ouch.

lol

via android tapatalk
    --- TripSixes

Quote Originally Posted by TripSixes View Post
    All things? ? .. ouch.

lol

via android tapatalk
    yes. it's how us real men roll
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Some of us may actually require sandpaper.....

As for the phone I could understand the use of sandpaper...adds character.

Quote Originally Posted by jackmei2 View Post
    yes it is gross!

for me the smudges just make the screen look bad, so I wipe it off with my shirt or something every so often
    Hrm, interesting. I could see this if it was a public smartphone, but since I use the device 99% of the time, I would imagine that very little bacteria/germs present on the device are not originating from me. If they came from me in the first place, I'm not too concerned about it.

Now I could definitely see an argument being made for skin issues, etc.. where oil/bacteria accumulate on the screen from your face, build up for a while, then end up back on your face in the same area over and over.. that makes more sense.

As far as being "gross", I bet you a standard keyboard is about the same, if not worse. The fascinate doesn't really have room for crumbs, and food particles.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    2,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by namebrandon View Post
    As far as being "gross", I bet you a standard keyboard is about the same, if not worse. The fascinate doesn't really have room for crumbs, and food particles.
    I hear that. Ever pick your keyboard up and tip it upside down? I'm always amazed at how much falls out. Now I gotta go wash my hands!

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I hear that. Ever pick your keyboard up and tip it upside down? I'm always amazed at how much falls out. Now I gotta go wash my hands!
    it worse when you go to help someone with a computer issue and their keyboard is all gross and nasty with crap all over it...

Am I weird? I can't find any fingerprints on my phone. When it comes to dust though... I am constantly using my sleeve to clear the screen. Maybe I'm just a dry person.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

Pff. What grit?

Quote Originally Posted by Lodingi View Post
    Pff. What grit?
    ten.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

ten.
    Haha! You are a bad azz.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodingi View Post
    Haha! You are a bad azz.
    he is a brute. I use an industrial floor finisher. Nothing like that shiny gleam after you are all done
    In Soviet Russia, android roots you!

Default The Best Buy guy that sold the phone to me...

said he uses hand sanitizer. In fact he used it on my phone before installing the screen protector. Kinda make sense as that stuff tends to evaporate and not leave spots. I haven't cleaned my screen yet but, when I do I think I'll try the hand sanitizer with my shirt or other cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    thats why if i fix somones pc i take

Default Re: Clean Screen

Hello. I personally find the easiest way to clean my screen on any device, laptop, tvs, phones, is just microfiber with filtered water. Check out the write up I did and I even included a video of how fast it works.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast