Battery issues? my wifes fascinate does

hawkphotography

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
seems to drain her battery in 3/4 of a day, and tells her 100% charged when both juice plotter and system info widget shows 30-50% of charge. Any ideas?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I would start by uninstalling any apps recently installed when you started noticing the battery issue. Did you start to notice this issue after installing JuicePlotter? Also, remove any task managers/killers, and even Juice Defender is you have that installed.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Clear her cache.

Hold down the Volume Rocker and the Home key (or something like that I cant remember :( )

After it boots into the restore console there should be an option to clear the cache. I would also check out some of the other options while in there. I cant remember very well what options were in this menu for the Fascinate as I no longer have mine. Somewhere I thought there was an option to clear battery usage stats via a cache clear. That would let you start fresh and make so the battery reporting is most accurate.

As far as the Drainage I would try Nick's advice.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the same apps running on mine, and no issues.

Then I would check her sync settings. If she is syncing with gmail, exchange, facebook, twitter and all that or even just one or two of those very often that will drain her batter significantly. Also if she has her display set to auto brightness and or very high and yours isnt that will also drain hers faster then yours. When it comes to battery drainage there is a lot that will affect it.

hawkphotography

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
we did try that, and at first we thought it fixed it, but now her's is back to crappy performance and drain again. I set her sync's etc--- I'm the techie in the house (FWIW).

Rocker and home didn't get me anything new that the options button doesn't get me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463