Voice App Execution

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
OK... Chaulk this one up to the "stupid question of the day..."

So, the TV ads (I know, don't believe everything you see on tv...) show how with an Android device, you can simply say "Play The Beetles" and magically, the music player plays the artist - The Beetles.

Huh? What am I missing on my stock GalaxyS (verizon fascinate)?

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
To use that feature you have to use the voice command application that comes with the phone

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I almost forgot. If you want it to play music you have to first Go and create a playlist Then go to your voice command application and Then say play what ever you named your playlist

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: Theman#AC

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
....ah... the old Nuance App. Not integrated into Android? OK, then here, you can only request a Playlist. I have to watch that commercial again as I could have sworn the actual execution was using what looked like either Google Voice Search or even first the search button (little magnifying glass capacitive button) and then voice command execution.

Thanks for this direction. Still, not necessarily desired... or implied. Might this be Verizon's execution. Does the Vibrant or Captivate perform similarly? Anyone?

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks DroidDev... I have friends who have a GalaxyS on tmobile and she has a Verizon Incredible HTC. I asked them to test it out at home. My wife has a DroidX so I am going to try hers later.

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
OK. One friend has no music and her husband said his requests opened his contacts.

So I started playing. If you open the music player and then hit the search capacitive key and the voice search button, you can simply say the title or artist or album and it brings up all your "stuff." Select and it plays. With the music app resident but on the home screen, nothing but web searches. Setting the local search to include music on the device does not help at all.

So, if nothing else, one has to open the player and then you can search your phone for music. A bit lacking in ubiquitous search coolness... At least an intermediary step - "Do you want to search: <WEB> <PHONE>" buttons would be a bit of an improvement.

I am sure that I will never see that commercial again now.
Reactions: DroidDev

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I saw that commercial too. You can use the Nuance program to do any voice command on the Facinate. Maybe a rooted ROM will be better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad