assigning differant ringtones to people in my contacts?

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
my friend just bought the fascinate, he cannot assign different ring tones to different people in his contact list. i read you should be able to hit edit contact and assign a ring tone for that person, but there is no option to assign ring tone.
I have a dinc and its easy to do.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks
Ken

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Tell him to open his music player and find the song he wants to assign as a ringtone. Either longpress on the song and a menu will pop up or he can play the song and hit the menu key. There should be options to set as a contact ringtone there.

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
tx,
That almost works, the ring tone doesn't bring up any of his contacts, it appears to be looking in the "not assigned folder", which is empty, All of his contacts are in the google folder, there is no option to look in the google folder, auto looks in in the empty "
not assigned folder"

This is allot easier to do on my Dinc, this is a nice phone tho

Any ideas?
Thanks
Ken

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
1. Launch the Contacts app.

2. Now tap on the contact that you want to assign the ringtone to.

3. Next press on Menu.

4. Tap on Ringtone. (This will not work on Google or Corporate contact but only for phone contact)

5. Finally choose a ringtone.

All the sources I am seeing show that you cannot set specific ringtones for google or corp contacts.

You can however download an app called Ringdroid. It will allow you to set to a contact no matter what.

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, since the Verizon guy put all 450 contacts into the Google folder, I told him to go back and have the guy pull them from his phone and put them back in the right place so this will work,
Thanks for your help
Ken

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08