1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default phone restarting intermittently?

Anyone else had any issues with their phone restarting on it's own? I've noticed my phone do it a couple of times now and while it hasn't interfered with my usage of the phone, I'm worried that it may in the future. Wasn't sure if this was a known issue that is going to be addressed with 2.2 or if it's just my phone.

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

I have had it happen one time plugging it in to the usb (connected to the computer). Have not seen the event happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by arock View Post
    Anyone else had any issues with their phone restarting on it's own? I've noticed my phone do it a couple of times now and while it hasn't interfered with my usage of the phone, I'm worried that it may in the future. Wasn't sure if this was a known issue that is going to be addressed with 2.2 or if it's just my phone.
    do u have setcpu?

Global Posts
    2,348 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

What apps do you have installed on your phone? Did it start right after you got the phone, or just recently?
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I had this with 5 Dinc's.....it turns out it was a faulty battery

Quote Originally Posted by Dcj View Post
    do u have setcpu?
    I've had this issue intermittently, and was wondering gif SetCpu was the cause. How is this app causing the issue?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Not running setcpu. It has done it 4 or 5 times since I got the phone. The only times it has done it were when it was locked and sitting on my coffee table or on the counter at work. Guess it could of happened other times too and I just didn't notice. Hasn't done it lately (at least that I have noticed) so I actually forgot that I had even posted this.

My phone has recently (couple weeks) started restarting intermittently. It usually happens when I am playing games or using apps, it doesnt typically happen just sitting there. I have no idea what it can be but it is getting VERY frustrating!

Mine has done this a few times, but I chalked it up to running an undervolted and OC'd kernel. Aecky01 had a good point as well, it never occurred to me it could be the battery..

I'm not too worried about it myself, but I think swapping out batteries is probably the easiest place to start.